PDA

View Full Version : grass packer

richard coffman
12-11-2004, 12:05 AM
who here in the lawn care industry has used or own's the grass packer. how well does it work compared to the grass gobbler??any problems with them?? Your info will be really appreciative and usefull.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner :D :D :D :D :D

if your interested in knowing what I'm talking about, visit their website:
http://www.grasspacker.com

Richard Martin
12-11-2004, 03:38 AM
I bought a GrassPacker this year after my grass gobbler finally fell apart from rust. At first I didn't care for it because it wasn't the same as the gobbler but now you couldn't get me to trade my GrassPacker for any gobbler or accelerator now. It rides around in the back of my truck, night and day, good weather and bad and it shows no signs of rusting away any time soon since it is not made of metal. The mounting brackets are made of steel but it will be a very, very long time before they rust out since they are made of such heavy gauge steel. The hinged door and rubber bungie cord door latch make emptying the GrassPacker a snap. You don't have to fool with unlatching the door, take it off, lay it down, empty the bagger, pick the door back up, line it up, relatch it. You just pull the door latch, dump the GrassPacker, swing the door back into place and relatch. You can even set the GrassPacker on it's end to unlatch the door so you don't have to bend over at all during the emptying process.

Lawnchoice
12-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Does it " pack " the grass in there as good as it's supposed to?

Also, what kind of mower are you using it with?

Richard Martin
12-11-2004, 08:29 AM
I noticed no difference in packing between the GrassPacker and the gobbler. Both of them will completely fill up with grass. I think the density of the packing has more to do with the mower than the bag. The GrassPacker will hold more then the standard gobbler and it is lighter.

I use mine on my 36" Exmark Metro.