PDA

View Full Version : This sounds like a good deal for a newbie like me

forgop
12-11-2004, 01:41 PM
New from Lowe's in 2004 8x12 trailer and has a ramp(he paid $1200). Also has a Ferris 36" walk behind hydro that sounded like it runs like a champ, just needs some minor work. Also said he had a Stihl commercial weedeater with edger attachment as well. All for $1700 neg. Sounds like a perfect setup for someone just starting up, isn't it???

I could have all of the money on the 16th, but I just don't see it lasting that long.

out4now
12-11-2004, 01:42 PM
For 1700 sounds good.

Mico Landscaping design
12-11-2004, 06:35 PM
for that price sounds good ... go for it got to start out some where :cool2:

K.Carothers
12-11-2004, 08:14 PM
The price is definitely a steal. I'm curious to why he is selling so cheap? Does he have money problems? I would check this guy out and make sure all is legit. Ask to see title for trailer and paid invoices for the wb and trimmer. If all is legit and you can't come up with the money till the 16th and he wants to sell, give him a down payment(I would recommend taking a piece of equipment for collateral) Make sure you sign a agreement. Handwrite the purchase price, the equipment involved,downpayment and when he will get his cash. Another thing to do is offer him $100 more than his price if he works with you assuming all is legit and the equipment is good. Good luck!

forgop
12-11-2004, 09:07 PM
All he said was that he had intended to start a mowing business on the side, but never did because he was working 3 different jobs. He said the tires on the trailer still had the little "nubbies" on them and that he hardly used the walk behind because his yard was so small that he just used a Lawn Boy. Guess he just decided he wanted to get rid of it.

I really like this idea of getting this because I get a trailer big enough that I could easily add a ZTR without having to get a bigger trailer.

Travis Followell
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Thats a really good deal. You should snatch that up before someone else does.