PDA

View Full Version : Fradan 11HP Walk Behind Problems

Cooper Landscaping
12-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Alright guys-
I'm stumped. We have a Fradan 11HP walk behind Blower that just wont work. So far we've replaced
1) Coil
2)Carburator
3)Head Gasket
4)Connecting Rod
5)Rings
6)Sump Gasket
7)Both Valves

Right now, we start it, it will run for about 2 minutes and the n it just throttles down and stops. If anyone has any idea what might be wrong please let me know or if someone can find contact information for Fradan. I looked for a website and can't find one.

Thanks in advance

-Coop

Likestomow
12-11-2004, 02:21 PM
I have a Redmax EB6200 blower that is exhibiting the same problem. It runs strong for 5-10 minutes then slowly looses power. I've tried a different gas cap, thinking it was experiencing vaopr lock, but that didn't help. Now I think I am going to change the fuel filter because it is clearly a fuel restriction issue.

Cooper Landscaping
12-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks. We tried replacing the gas cap and even taking it off when the blower started to throttle down but that diudnt work. The fuel filter didnt seem to be clogged and air got through it but i guess thats the next thing to change. Thanks for the response and please let me know if that worked

Travis Followell
12-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I see you've replaced many internal parts but was curious if the engine has good compression. If the cylinder is wore past reject size then those new parts would not have helped. What kind of engine is it, Briggs? The fuel line could be partially clogged or there could be something in the tank that gets sucked onto the fuel line and cuts off fuel flow after it runs for a couple minutes. Just some ideas that came to mind. One other thing, does it have a fuel pump? I'm guessing it doesn't.

Cooper Landscaping
12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Travis-
Thanks for the idea. The cylinder is fine, the tank fuel line and fuel filter have all been cleaned out twice. It is a briggs 11hp. Any other ideas?

-Coop

STAN1366
12-13-2004, 02:11 AM
What about the fuel shutoff valve? Is it closed part way? If so, it could let enough fuel thru to fill the carb fuel bowl & get the engine running, but soon runs out.

jeffex
12-13-2004, 05:26 AM
by coil do you mean the ignition module that takes the spark off the magneto? I had a simular problem on 2cycl equipment this yr. replaced ignition module on 2 trimmers and a lawn boy mower. They would start and run until they got hot and then they would just quit.