PDA

View Full Version : Good price on Great Dane????

cleancut
01-24-2001, 07:16 PM
Let me know if you guys/gals think this is a good deal..I need a good backup mower and today I found a Great Dane surfer that had been a demo..It's a 98 model that they said spent more time at the store than out being demoed-low hours..They're going to give me the full warranty as a new one..It's an 18hp 52in cut elec. start..The price is $3500..It sells new for $5,500...I don't think I would have anything to lose since he's giving me a full warranty..What do u all think??Thanks...Clean-Cut

danlawnser
01-24-2001, 08:23 PM
That is an excellent price. I priced a 48 inch surfer for $4700. I just bought a scamper. I paid about $4000 with tax and a 2 wheel sulky. I bought it over a surfer because there are so many hills on yards around here and I need to be able to walk behind it. I would rather have the surfer if there weren't so many hills.

Hillbilly
01-24-2001, 10:19 PM
Cleancut
I don't Know what kind of mower that you are using now, but I have a Scag WB that I used to use as my #1 mower. That was until I bought a 52" Scamper about two years ago. Know its #1. If you have used the Great Danes, you know how fast they are. If you haven't, then I'll bet the surfer will be more than just a back up mower. I think its a great buy.

P.S. How are you liking this weather.

Mark
01-24-2001, 11:19 PM
CleanCut I demoed the surfer, and the Dane Chariot. The surfer was very nice as was the Chariot. If this machine is in good shape and runs well youll never beat that price. That is a nice unit, and with reg-main will sereve you well Marks Mowing Service

cleancut
01-24-2001, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the replies...I thought it was a deal that I couldn't pass up..I demoed a surfer last year, probably the same mower, and I really liked it..It's not that great on hills but I have other mowers for the hills..I have a Gravely 260z, Gravely w/b, jd rider, and a Honda hydro w/b..I think one of the good things about the surfer is the small amount of space that it takes up..The mower is in good shape, it just needs cleaning up...Hey Hillbilly I'm really liking the weather but it's supposed to snow tonite...I landed 3 good landscaping jobs that I'm looking forward to starting...Thanks...Derrick

KirbysLawn
01-25-2001, 02:25 AM
If he has another let me know, the check is ready.