PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!!!!!!!

messerp
12-11-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm just getting started too and the problem i'm running into is no one wants to give information on bidding. I'm just wanting some small commercial business and a whole lot of residential. Is the bidding done at an hourly rate or on a specific formula? please, please help!!!!!!! :help: :help:

HOOLIE
12-12-2004, 12:37 AM
What are you doing mostly, mowing? Most LCOs base their mowing prices off of a hourly target. Most fert jobs people base off a formula (sq footage) since there's a direct correlation between the size of the lawn and the amount of fert you'll use.

Although it varies from region to region, a $30 minimum for mowing seems to be a common number thrown around. That would be for your typical suburban lot. Keep in mind factors that will increase your mowing time, such as trimming, edging, hills/odd terrain, thickness of grass.

Team Gopher
12-13-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi messerp,

We have some commercial bid examples here. (http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=877)

Another thing to consider is this post here. (http://server2.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=90485) I have three different companies that will provide free business consulting and mentoring to a new business. If you are really interested in getting a jump start, review that post and send me a pm.

tonygreek
12-13-2004, 08:53 PM
you might try using the advanced search feature, and search "bidding" or "how to bid" in the Business Forums. i seem to recall someone asking this before... :)

out4now
12-13-2004, 09:36 PM
This is the one place you'll find lots of guys willing to help with bidding. Team Gophers example looks good and there are tons of old threads on this as well. Welcome to LS. :waving:

Ecobjs
12-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Hoolie is right on for how we do it. Sw. ft for fertilizations and by the hour for mowing, clean-ups. We shoot for 35-45 an hr for each man hour worked. Depends on the job, how long a forman has to be there etc. But that rate covers cost and overhead and profit. A simple way to start is to cut a few lawns and time yourself. Then figure out the sq. ft of the lawn. and get an estimate of how long it will take yu to mox different sizes. also figure that extra edging or blowing off will take more time so add that in. Keep track for years and then you will have a great estimating guide for all sorts of jobs. Also invest in an estimating book and labor time book for a short cut.

anyway just my two cents. Good luck

environment
12-17-2004, 04:30 PM
check out gophers offer