PDA

View Full Version : Saftey first

Ryan Lightning
12-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Yesterday we did alot of pruning and covered the load with a tarp and put a 12' orchard latter and a 8' fibergalss latter on top. I forgot to bring straps so figured I could get to my house it was only a few miles. I hit about 40 and look in mirror to the latter starting raise up, before I could pull over I see both latters go flying though the air doing flips over the back ramp. I was very lucky no one was behind me. I will be sure to tie down every load from on. The latter could has went though a windsheild and killed someone.

LLandscaping
12-12-2004, 04:12 PM
That sounds like a dangerous situation, we always have tie downs in the truck. We usually even tie down garbage bags when there might be a risk of them blowing out. You can never be to careful when it comes to hauling stuff. The one time you dont you could cause a wreck or even worse a fatality.

Harleyboy52
12-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I was following a Coke truck on my motorcycle and the hand cart came off the back of the truck. When it hit the road it bounced about 5 feet in the air and then did the weeble wobble down the road right at me. I tried to get out of it's way but couldn't avoid it. I hit it doing about 45 and when it threw me the tongue of the cart hit me in the face causing a 6 inch gash starting at the corner of my eye running to my hair line. The cart was being held on with a single rubber bungee. I found out that Coke has had a lot of problems with that same thing in the past and not tried to fix the problem. I don't know if this dumb old lawn boy is smart enough to run an operation like Coke but I may get the chance to try. Please keep everything that you're carrying tied down.

Turfdude
12-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Is a latter the opposite of a former??