PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Supply Online Store

Cutters Lawn Care
12-12-2004, 08:25 PM
I ordered a Oregon Blade Grinder from Travis this past Tuesday. I received it Friday. Travis was great to deal with. The item was delivered exactly as he said it would be. The grinder is great. I was using a angle grinder previously. The Oregon does the work 10 times faster. Just wanted everyone to know of the great experience I had with a new sponsor and give props to Travis for delivering as promised.

Smithers
12-23-2004, 05:56 PM
cutters, how easy was to keep the correct angle on the blades?

Cutters Lawn Care
12-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Petrentz it is very easy. With the model I got you only adjust the stone up or down. I got a new blade and adjusted the stone to the new blade. It's really a great grinder for the money.

Smithers
12-23-2004, 08:53 PM
thanks, cutters....i ordered one (probably the same one like you) from Travis a few hrs ago. i figured if there is something you did not like thus far, you'd let us know. can't wait to get it, sharpen my blades and let it roll.

i also ordered a ballancer from Magna-Matic after i talked to Travis.

Cutters Lawn Care
12-23-2004, 08:56 PM
You'll like it alot. Did you get model 88-023?

Smithers
12-23-2004, 08:58 PM
that's the one....did you get a grit collector? what else did you get?

i read something about a Diamond Dressser....is that something up put on the wheel?

Cutters Lawn Care
12-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Just got the sharpener. No grit collector or wheel dressing. According to the literature that came with it everything is maintenance free. No oiling the motor, etc., etc.

Smithers
12-23-2004, 09:36 PM
what do you do with the sparks that fly around? dont they make a mess?

Cutters Lawn Care
12-23-2004, 10:36 PM
With any grinder there are gonna be sparks. Broom and dustpan works fine.

Texas Mower Parts
12-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the business guys! :)

Smithers
12-24-2004, 11:38 AM
you are welcome, Travis. i never mind to say good things about a person/tranasaction when there is a reason.

happy holidays.

HayBay
02-18-2005, 04:34 PM
petrentz,

You will need a Wheel Dresser. IT will remove the metal and debris from the stone so that it will cut faster, cleaner and cooler.

If you dont use a wheel dresser you will find the blades take longer and longer to sharpen and will start to blue up.

Smithers
02-18-2005, 04:36 PM
thanks, haybay...i did not know that.

Travis, how much is a wheel dresser?

gogetter
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
thanks, haybay...i did not know that.

Travis, how much is a wheel dresser?

You could probably get them at your local hardware store, sears hardware, home depot, etc.

Smithers
02-18-2005, 04:57 PM
thanks, jonathan..i did not that they are that common. i will look into it today.

ALarsh
04-17-2005, 10:56 PM
that's the one....did you get a grit collector? what else did you get?

i read something about a Diamond Dressser....is that something up put on the wheel?

How much did you pay for it?

Toy2
04-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Travis is a good guy, he lives a few blocks from me, he business is a few miles away....so its good to know he treats everyone the same...like a real person!!! :)

Smithers
04-17-2005, 11:05 PM
How much did you pay for it?
The wheel dresser?? i never got it. i have not even used the grinder once yet.

i am a part timer and have not started to cut yet. maybe this upcoming weekend.

ALarsh
04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
The wheel dresser?? i never got it. i have not even used the grinder once yet.

i am a part timer and have not started to cut yet. maybe this upcoming weekend.

I mean the grinder. $258?

Smithers
04-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I mean the grinder. $258?
yeah. that was the price...the problem is that it's too big for a regular grinder stand, and i dont want to put it on my workbench.....so i have to build a rolling cart and put it on there. maybe one of these days.

KathysLGC
04-18-2005, 10:28 AM
petrentz,

You will need a Wheel Dresser. IT will remove the metal and debris from the stone so that it will cut faster, cleaner and cooler.

If you dont use a wheel dresser you will find the blades take longer and longer to sharpen and will start to blue up.

I noticed my blades heat up faster as you said. I started to do one blade half way sharp then do the other two in order then start with the first blade again to finish them up. I'll have to get the dresser and see how that works. I had a feeling paint was stuck on the grinder wheel from the blades.