PDA

View Full Version : your opinion on a name

caz1
12-12-2004, 08:08 PM
first of all i would like to go down and my name regesterd but what type of red tape i'm going to get into if i do this for right now i'm just ging to claim the money i make on my yearly taxes and as for a license for just lawncare and snow removal and not applying anything you don't need one so any way what name do you guys and gals like better C A Z witch are my initials or LAKSHORE lawncare and snowremoval because the towns i will serve are on lake michigan thanks for any help you can give :D

out4now
12-12-2004, 08:14 PM
Lakshore or Lakeshore? Like Lakeshore better than CAZ. Sounds more memorable, CAZ, XYZ, etc. just doesn't stick as well.

YardPro
12-12-2004, 08:15 PM
lakeshore, without a doubt.

RedWingsDet
12-12-2004, 08:30 PM
well that name is already taken buddy.... maybe try your first name then Lake Shore's Landscaping....

Like "Mark's Lakeshore Landscaping"

for instance, I registered premier landscaping, later down the road I found it was taken, so before troubles with that operator had a chance to come, I changed it from Premier Landscaping to "Mark's Premier Landscaping" oh, and I got it LLC too!

Go to lansing and its only $50, no sense in paying a layer to do it for you and spend $600 when you can do it yourself for $50 ;)

caz1
12-12-2004, 08:38 PM
well that name is already taken buddy.... maybe try your first name then Lake Shore's Landscaping....

Like "Mark's Lakeshore Landscaping"

for instance, I registered premier landscaping, later down the road I found it was taken, so before troubles with that operator had a chance to come, I changed it from Premier Landscaping to "Mark's Premier Landscaping" oh, and I got it LLC too!

Go to lansing and its only $50, no sense in paying a layer to do it for you and spend $600 when you can do it yourself for $50 ;)

I thought that if you were in a differint area of the state you could use the same name

RedWingsDet
12-12-2004, 08:44 PM
I thought that if you were in a differint area of the state you could use the same name
well it depends if they are incorporated, because if they are I dont think you can use their name, but I dont know, just make sure when you go to register it, you check to see if its already taken ;)

Kinda like you just like you cant open up a hardware store and call it homedepot.

Good Luck Man! Take It easy...

P.S. If I were you, i would call it "firstname Lakeshore Landscaping", because it makes the customer feel like he/she is speaking directly with the owner (which they probably will be) and that makes it feel more personal with the customer.

Its funny because the day I changed my name, later that night I found out that someone in my area had PremierLandscaping, so that was kind of weird that the day I changed it to "Mark's Premier Landscaping" I found out about the other guy having Premier Landscaping. Reason I changed mine was to make it seem more personal with the customer, but still professional.

caz1
12-12-2004, 08:50 PM
thanks premier i never thought of it that way thats what i'm going to then COREY'S LAKESHORE LAWNCARE :waving:

RedWingsDet
12-13-2004, 08:04 AM
your welcome bro, glad I could help ya ;) :waving: Good Luck!!!

Remeber, Bid Accounts to make money, not to just get an account ;)

Metro Lawn
12-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Check with your county clerk. You may be able to use Lakeshore.

Runner
12-13-2004, 11:16 AM
I agree. If you can just use Lakeshore, I would. Putting your first name on there is o.k., but only with an adjective with it..i.e. Mark's Premier Landscaping. When you put a location on it, and it is combined WITH a name, that gives it a limited aspect. Here's what I mean. There are certain areas that appear broader than others. What company sound bigger out of these two...County Wide Landscaping or Eastwood Village Lawncare? When you use Lakeshore, it has a great ring or connotation to it, because people picture just that...lakeshore. It's pleasing and relaxing. However, when you personalize it - WITH a location also, it limits it. When I see Corey's Lakeshore Lawncare, I see a young guy with a truck that doesn't go much farther than a few blocks of his "lakeshore" area. Therefore, people in lucrative outlying areas may be less inclined to even call as a result. Don't put limits on yourself before you even get out there. Here's another example. Lakeshore Hardware, or Bud's Lakeshore Hardware... What do YOU picture? Like I say, your personal name is good...a title like Lakeshore is great. However, when you combine the two, it widdles it down. Now, if you just use an adjective (Premier, Superior, Personalized, Complete, etc.), then it sounds a bit more broader.
Another thing...don't use "Lawn care" unless that is what you are doing. Yes, there is a difference, and professionally, it is written in college text. Lawn care is the application side of the industry. If you are doing mowing, bedwork, shrubbery and ornamentals and such, then it is Maintenance...Lawn Maintenance. I would go one better than that and use the term Grounds Maintenance. Who is a professional complex more inclined to bend an ear to... A lawn care guy or a Grounds Maintenance Operation? People want someone who can DO IT ALL. Think Future....Think Big.

Critical Care
12-13-2004, 01:40 PM
In this state, you wouldn't be able to use the name Lakeshore Landscaping without having the contractors license to do landscaping. The term "landscape maintenance" however if fine. Interesting eh?

I wonder if there's an Upper Peninsula Landscape Maintenance company in your area?

caz1
12-13-2004, 07:33 PM
OK now you guys just have me pumped :blob3: so many new way of looking at a name now i just have to figure out what red tape comes with it being that I will be claiming the money i make from this with the money from my full time job till i get enuf biz to go full time any :help: would be great boy if it was not for this site i would be just siting around trying to figure out how to got this biz going thanks to all of you guys you have really have me pumped on getting this thing going thanks much caz1

Norm Al
12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
MichiCAN lawncare

Team Gopher
12-13-2004, 09:27 PM
CAZ LAKESHORE LAWNCARE sounds good too. It's different.

How about this for a tag line.

"Give your lawn that Razz-A-Ma-Tazz with Caz" :)

Who could forget that?