PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Mowers

Mr Mow It All
01-24-2001, 08:39 PM
I own scags and exmarks, but this year I decided to buy a great dane super surfer. It seems like a great idea that they've come up with. I just wondered if your legs would get tired at a certain point on large areas, how it cuts, and how it does on hills, pretty much anything you can tell me about these mowers. Thanks guys!!

BRL
01-25-2001, 01:31 AM
MMIA,
Welcome to the forum. You should post this question in the Commercial Lawn Forum to get answers. Before doing so however, do a search (look in the top right corner of the screen) on Great Dane & you will find plenty of comments on them already.

awm
01-25-2001, 06:52 PM
When I was shopping I really was impressed
with dane chariot ztr.Just a good solid looking
machine.

Mark
02-01-2001, 02:22 AM
Last yr when i was shopping around I demoed the Dane Chariot 60 with 25hp Kholer. Cut good and was really made well. But i ended up getting a new Toro Z Master.

eggy
02-01-2001, 11:11 AM
A few people around here use them, to me they look like a yellow MTD, but now that John Deere has purshased Dane Scags Great Dane operation I look for good things. I would go with however provides the best service. Mr Mow it all where are you at?

guntruck
02-01-2001, 03:09 PM
I have cut personally for about 4 hours on the newer updated surfer with no problems. If you crouch over you will get back pain but thats bad posture problems, as far as legs and knee probs........none here but i didnt cut a full day everyday either. I do own a chariot ztr 61"......excellent machine so far....