PDA

View Full Version : heres on for ya.

lawnwizards
12-13-2004, 01:20 PM
If youre out shopping or just out and about and you see a customer what do you do?

bobbygedd
12-13-2004, 01:22 PM
turn, go down a different isle, hope they don't see me

1MajorTom
12-13-2004, 01:26 PM
Depends.. If I see them at the checkout line, I ask them to pay for my purchases... lol

Seriously, I will more than likely say hi, ask them how they are doing etc... Problem is, most customers will not recognize me. I look a lot different than when I am working, they aren't used to seeing me without my hair pulled up in a ponytail, hat on, and no make up on. I usually have to explain to them who I am, which for me tends to be embarrassing.
Now if it's a PITA customer, sometimes I'll sneak up another aisle hoping to avoid them. ;)

rodfather
12-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Always say hello and ask how they and/or their family is doing.

FrankenScagMachines
12-13-2004, 03:15 PM
wave, or if nearby make small talk. Its Public Relations work, part of owning a service business!!! If you establish a relationship with your customers, even a small shallow one, i guarantee they will remember it and you will stand out from the rest.

ps- there are one or maybe two that i might try to not get spotted by :help: :blush:

richard coffman
12-13-2004, 03:21 PM
if it's a customer that's not paid me, I'd wave and go on knowing they'll remember they owe me money and won't want to chat.thank goodness I only have just 1 of those. depends on the customer as well, not all customers are the same.

JimLewis
12-13-2004, 03:27 PM
It all depends. I could see myself doing all 4.......

If it's Mr. Wilson (nice guy, but we're both busy) then I'd just wave and go on

But if I saw Ms. Jones (and she was out in her bikini again) I'd definitely have to stop and talk to them

Now if I was at Starbucks and I saw Mr. or Mrs. Core (who've spent a lot of money on us this year) then I'd have to offer to buy them coffee

But if it was old Mrs. Cruntz (who is nutty as a fruitcake and will talk your ear off for an hour before she'll let you go) then I'd have to run like hell and hope they didn't see you.

So there you have it!

AEW
12-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Jim Lewis...perfect. That was going to be my answer. More than likely..I will stop and chit chat or at least wave with almost all of my customers but there are the few exceptions when I would try not to be seen or offer to buy them a drink...all depends on what kind of day I am having.

beransfixitinc
12-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Depends.. If I see them at the checkout line, I ask them to pay for my purchases... lol

Seriously, I will more than likely say hi, ask them how they are doing etc... Problem is, most customers will not recognize me. I look a lot different than when I am working, they aren't used to seeing me without my hair pulled up in a ponytail, hat on, and no make up on. I usually have to explain to them who I am, which for me tends to be embarrassing.
Now if it's a PITA customer, sometimes I'll sneak up another aisle hoping to avoid them. ;)

I keep forgetting to associate your username with a female, and your statement was sounding a little odd "hair up in ponytail, no make up" before i remembered. Since you seem like one of the guys here (I am not classing myself with you folks, just relating that she seems an equal with the rest of yall)

RedWingsDet
12-13-2004, 04:49 PM
it depends where they were at.... If they were at a grocery store or coffee place, i'd do what Mr. Lewis said....

however, if it was homedepot or something, and they were buying Flowers or Mulch or something in that matter, I'd first be upset they didnt ask me, but then ask them if they needed someone to install them. ;) Otherwise, if they say no thanks, then I'd say "have a nice day mr. so and so, hope ya have a good day, see ya tuesday!"

Or if it was mr. jones daughter at the club, i'd get "jiggy" with her. LOL.

again, depends who it is, and where their at.

sildoc
12-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Stop and chit chat. They always bring up work that needs to be done that you never hear of. All the little small talks I have in public throughout the year probably add up to 1/10 of the years gross.