PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing these days?

JimLewis
12-13-2004, 02:28 PM
See poll above....

AEW
12-13-2004, 02:47 PM
I am finishing up college....man I can not wait until I graduate....seems like it has been so long.

Richard Martin
12-13-2004, 03:12 PM
I only have 1 more yard cleanup to do. Most of my current work involves fixing mowers for people. People approach me all year long about fixing their mowers and I tell them that they will have to wait until the season is over before I can get to them. For some reason they do actually wait and start calling me about December 1st. Right now half of my back yard (it's a small back yard) is filled up with other people's mowers.

rodfather
12-13-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm doing as little as possible Jim. Period

captaingreen
12-13-2004, 03:52 PM
I'm not doing much here at all, some office work and planning for next year, a few hours in the shop a week, and a few small jobs out and then I will be waiting for snow. This is kinda nice having this little break, but I'm already getting kind of anxious for spring already.

Expert Lawns
12-13-2004, 03:59 PM
I am finishing up college....man I can not wait until I graduate....seems like it has been so long.

I hear that

sildoc
12-13-2004, 04:11 PM
Not sure what you voted Jim, but I am sure you are still doing the regular maintenace thing. I am doing cleanups still and will finish the bark jobs I had put off till this time of year. I will still be mowing at least once a month especially if the weather stays as warm as it has. Other than that make sure all the weeds and leaves are cleaned up and other misc. Jobs that I left for this time of year.

work_it
12-13-2004, 04:50 PM
1) I'm still finishing up final clean ups.
2) Then it's time to contact property managers for next years bids.
3) Getting all my paperwork into my CPA so I can give my silent partner (Uncle Sam) his cut for sitting on his butt all season :realmad:
4) Getting my Dodge Stratus ready for sale
5) Building a small garage for car/truck painting and bodywork

paponte
12-13-2004, 05:24 PM
My response wasn't actually up there. I've been working around the shop getting snow stuff ready, and fixing equipment. I Guess it would be considered working but I don't get paid for it. :)

AL Inc
12-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Still going with leaf clean-ups here. With a little luck, we may wrap it up in another week.

grass_cuttin_fool
12-13-2004, 05:29 PM
1- Still have 3 jobs to finish for the year
2- Starting to renew jobs for next year
3- out cruising and looking for a new area to expand my mowing to
4- Santa came a lil early and brought me a BP rack and a trimmer rack and Im working on getting them on the trailer and getting a truck that I put in service in Oct laid out like I want it

meathead1134
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Now I'm working 40 plus hours at my full time job and finishing up my class.

T.E.
12-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Still doing leaf cleanups, hope to have most of them done before Christmas! One big one though we won't even start, after the first of Jan. 2005. I hope to have 6 to 8 wks off just to get ready for the next year. Tony

thill
12-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Still hard at it. The mowing season never ends here, it just slows down. We do a lot of installs this time of year on commercial sites so the pace is close to what it was in the summer.

I would like a break but the steady cash flow is hard to turn down.

Tom

meets1
12-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Nw IA we usually have 6-10 inches of snow on the ground. Not this year - still like fall, mornings cold but 40 - 50 for highs and green grass. Today - 6 more calls for cleaning up blown leaves around peoples houses. No snow, but now doing winter yard clean ups!

Still pushing 55 hours plus - also trying to wrap the customer pay me now list and start all over in a couple weeks when 2005 arrives.

Also taking care of my 3 month old son!! Now that is an experience!!

JKOOPERS
12-14-2004, 12:33 AM
i hear that meets i got a 7 week old daughter and contacting property managers

Lawn-Scapes
12-14-2004, 01:07 AM
I'm currently renovating my home. Last week was the bedroom.. this week is the kitchen. All new cabinets and laminate floor going in. Started ripping out cabinets today. I'm actually working harder now then I did all year. :)

Other then the above.. just waiting for Christmas and some snow.

Happy holidays!!!

JustMowIt
12-14-2004, 07:30 AM
Have 1 truck doing call in mows for our customers. Doubling our steel building at TJ's rural home on 25 acres from 30x70 to 30x140 & Building out office space inside. Finally moving our office from my house to TJ's & be ready in the spring. Getting T1 phone & internet system, ordered & hiring 2 phone girls (TJ & I are tired of the working the phones). Placed order for 40 new Toros, 11 Stihl Edgers, weedeaters & 22 blowers...decided it is better to buy new every year. Selling all existing equiptment, so meeting guys to buy is time consumming. Ordering door hangers for 2005. Meeting with various LCO's forming affiliate relationships for 2005. Working on 2005 Visa'a for our 36 employees. 2 weeks in Maui in January. Busy winter.
MJ

RICHIE K
12-14-2004, 07:33 AM
HAVE A FEW CUSTOMERS THAT WANT PAINTING DONE.

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3:

YardPro
12-14-2004, 08:20 AM
still working
have a few overseeded properties.
lots of pruning
a few small installs.
i also have about $7000, worth of irrigation renovation work to be done at one commercial property.

in three weeks we start back full time with pampas cutting, so the bahama's trip the first of jan will be the last slack time.

meets1
12-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Doing bills currently - one's that are alway late. Time to start chasing the money b/f year ends. Also have a few clean ups to do but maybe wait till tomorrow with warmer weather.

My wife is working so I decided to get stuff done at home - just laid my baby boy down for nap - now I can get something done!!

I wish I could take a trip to some island for a week or two!! Enjoy your time off and whatever else you may all do there!!

PMLAWN
12-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Hardscapes-installs-trimming-leaf clean up for another week or so-our handyman division will keep the guys busy if the weather gets too cold or wet.
John Deere is having a lot of classes over the winter that a few of my guys and me will go to.
Will go over business plan and tweak and work on building the business.
And got a couple trips planned.
But what I am doing right now is hoping that Santa can fit a few Z's and a few Cabovers with landscape beds down the Chimney!

lawnchopper
12-14-2004, 06:03 PM
board off my azz going nuts......waiting for it to snow but none in the forecast. Im looking for other things to do in the off season to make good $$. If it dont get any better i might have to leave the industry :(