PDA

View Full Version : exmark TT PTO switch....

sailinstud420
12-13-2004, 06:06 PM
I have a 99 exmark TT and I was wondering if it is possible to put the newer yellow pto/blade engagment switch on it as opposed to the older flip switch. Can anyone shed some light on this??

jim dailey
12-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I have a 99 exmark TT and I was wondering if it is possible to put the newer yellow pto/blade engagment switch on it as opposed to the older flip switch. Can anyone shed some light on this??

I am not familiar with this particular machine, but, food for thought: a pto switch, or any 2-pole switch, has a positive going in, and when switched, a positive going out. To mount it, you have to have a certain size hole (usually 9/16"). I don't really see where you should go wrong, as long as you are sure of what you are doing. If you need any further help, just return back here and ask.

sailinstud420
12-13-2004, 09:08 PM
the last time i wired something up i burned half the house down, my electrician skills are top notch, don't worry. My question is more will if fit in the whole without any modification to the mower??

sailinstud420
12-13-2004, 09:33 PM
one more thing, the old flip switch, any idea who makes that? I found this one here on ebay for 6.75 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=82240&item=4344273376&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVWit

says it is for john deere mowers, but it looks pretty close to an exmark one... You may think im cheap, but that price sure beats the 25.00 plus your arm and leg that the dealer wants for a new one. Any idea if this will work?? I'd still prefer a yellow one if it will work though, the button type switch is way nicer...

jim dailey
12-13-2004, 09:33 PM
the last time i wired something up i burned half the house down, my electrician skills are top notch, don't worry. My question is more will if fit in the whole without any modification to the mower??

Not to seem like a smartass, but, wouldn't measurement of both switches tell you that? And, if still in doubt, next time you are at your local lawnmower shop or run into your favorite lawnmower mechanic...ask them. I am NOT trying to give you a hard time. Happy Holidays.....JIM.

sailinstud420
12-13-2004, 10:57 PM
i understand where you're coming from. Problem is my mower is in storage and I don't have it here to measure. Thought someone might know this off the top of their head. Apparently not. Thanks though