PDA

View Full Version : Starting Small with a Silver Eagle?

gettingstartedtampa
12-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Starting out solo, lots of property manager contacts (previous real estate life) so could easily have 30-50 accounts in less than a year. Mostly smaller residental lots, 60 feet wide by 120 deep. Upwards of 2100 sq ft homes on the lots... Located in Florida so many of these will have pools. I keep getting steered twoards the Silver Eagle 44" with the larger hp generac. I see it mentioned often that it was designed with the homeowner in mind. This scares me a little, but the difference in cost betweent the Eagle and the Coatsville will make for a nice trailer. Any thought? Will I rag the eagle out in short order? Is it too slow to be productive? Mostly mowing Floratam St Agustine and have very few gates but lots of trees and flower beds to navigate around. My thinking is this might make a good first mower to get started with (for the money) and later it could be come the gated backyard limited access mower. Any thoughts or advice?

brinlee lawn
12-14-2004, 07:50 AM
I have a silver eagle 60 in with the generac havent had any problems, quality of cut is excellent I mow several larger properties 3+ acres and some smaller properties and it does a great job.

Mo Green
12-14-2004, 08:06 AM
I've been considering the sliver eagle also. It seems to be very well built. The dealer here said it would be fine for commercial use. Not quite as good as the Coatsville, but for the money its a great mower.

rodfather
12-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a Silver Eagle?

walker-talker
12-14-2004, 09:37 AM
I was wondering the same, but I am guessing they are talking about a Dixie Chopper.

bigz1001
12-14-2004, 10:56 AM

"Should you settle for a mower of inferior quality because you don't mow grass for a living? At Dixie Chopper we believe that should not be the case. That's why we developed the Silver Eagle Series. The Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle provides you the quality you deserve at a price you can afford. This machine will mow three acres per hour and will handle the tough stuff. We didn't make it cheap, we made it less expensice."

Features-
-Electric PTO
-No engine tach
-No engine crash guard
-Foot assisted Deck lift
-Standard Seat
-Cup Holder
-8 mph

Travis Followell
12-14-2004, 07:19 PM
bigz1001, this may be a dumb question but what is your point? Are you saying he should get it or he shouldn't?

splatz100
12-14-2004, 08:07 PM
they are more geared for a homeowners use i thought with a 90 day commercial warranty. or at least that is what i heard

bigz1001
12-14-2004, 08:15 PM
bigz1001, this may be a dumb question but what is your point? Are you saying he should get it or he shouldn't?

Well, from what the guy seems to want I think it would be a good choice for him to start with, smaller investment. I do however think by stepping up to the Coatesville several things are gained that would benefit him in the long run. Personally, from everything he mentioned in his first post, I would tell him to get a walk behind.

Eric 1
12-15-2004, 05:33 PM
I have been using a S.E. all season with no problems. I highly recommend them.

Rhett
12-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Hate to say it ,but sounds like you are jumping the gun. I would start with a smaller walk behind first that would you get thru your gates. Make sure it is one that mulches well. No fun skimming pools every stop when it is windy. Once you pick up accounts and really need a ztr then look for a commercial unit. Just a thought

Good Luck
Rhett

sawman65
12-15-2004, 06:31 PM
"Should you settle for a mower of inferior quality because you don't mow grass for a living? At Dixie Chopper we believe that should not be the case. That's why we developed the Silver Eagle Series. The Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle provides you the quality you deserve at a price you can afford. This machine will mow three acres per hour and will handle the tough stuff. We didn't make it cheap, we made it less expensice."

Features-
-Electric PTO
-No engine tach
-No engine crash guard
-Foot assisted Deck lift
-Standard Seat
-Cup Holder
-8 mph

are you some rep from dixie chopper???

Richard Martin
12-16-2004, 03:11 AM

He was quoting from the dixie website.

bigz1001
12-16-2004, 07:22 AM

Someone asked what they meant by silver eagle, so I put Dixie's quote from the website. I am by no means a rep.