PDA

View Full Version : Gutter cleanout too late

LCME
12-14-2004, 12:15 PM
I gave out gutter cleaning est. in the fall. One cust. called the other day and wants his gutters cleaned. I told him ok but i would have to wait until the weather permits. he says why. so i have to explain that his gutters are frozen solid by now and it's is snowing out. what a moron!. some people are soo stupid. i did not want to clean his gutters in the fall anyway. so i est. the price to be $225 for approx. 175 linear feet. I could use the extra money but the weather really sucks here. how would you handle this?

KathysLGC
12-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Dam it's snowing there? I would schedual it for a good day, go up there with my BP and blow out the gutters if it's dry. If there wet and nasty then i would go up there with a few 5gal buckets and scoup everything out.

LCME
12-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Yep the gutters are wet, nasty and full. the gutters are full of crap. will have to use the scoop and bucket to get the job done. i will just wait for the weather to change. wtf was the cust. thinking. i could of done the job a month ago. but noooo cust. wants gutters cleaned in the f/&in middle of a snow fall.

jbell113
12-14-2004, 02:16 PM
bundle up ...do it anyway

grass_cuttin_fool
12-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Maybe something to think about for next year would be that estimates are good for 30 days or expire on a certain date around the time you think you will be done for the year say Nov 31

dfor
12-14-2004, 04:06 PM
You don't really have a choice. Cleaning gutters that are frozen is nearly impossible as you know. Like you said, just wait for a few good days. Hopefully he won't think you are bs-ing him, being that he can't figure out why they can't be done now.

LCME
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Maybe something to think about for next year would be that estimates are good for 30 days or expire on a certain date around the time you think you will be done for the year say Nov 31

I usually send out my estimates with a 30 day expire period. I guess this guy just wanted his gutters cleaned in the beginning of winter.

LCME
12-15-2004, 11:37 AM
You don't really have a choice. Cleaning gutters that are frozen is nearly impossible as you know. Like you said, just wait for a few good days. Hopefully he won't think you are bs-ing him, being that he can't figure out why they can't be done now.

Maybe it will be easier to clean out the gutters frozen. I can pry out solid chunks of debris.

tonygreek
12-15-2004, 11:45 AM
<"Maybe it will be easier to clean out the gutters frozen. I can pry out solid chunks of debris.">

nope. not only is it more difficult, using the term "pry" and coupling it with the phrase "thin, aluminum gutters" and you'll find that you'll end up losing significant amounts of money when you damage a customer's gutters. it's pretty easy to damage a gutter during install, let alone prying out frozen material.

LCME
12-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Ok how about if i just rip off all the gutters. that way the customer will not have to get the gutters cleaned anymore. :p