PDA

View Full Version : hotshot trucking??

lawnchopper
12-14-2004, 06:10 PM
has anyone ever head of this or done it??? Trucking companys can sometimes have freight that can be hauled or towed with a pu truck usually you contract your pu truck and are a owner op . Ive seen them on the road pulling gooseneck trailers .I was wondering if this would be a good thing to do in the winter months??

Randy J
12-14-2004, 07:49 PM
You'll need a real good/dependable truck, and be prepared to put a LOT of miles on it. Given current fuel prices, not to mention license and insurance, and I don't think you'll make much money at it.

lawnchopper
12-15-2004, 12:23 AM
You'll need a real good/dependable truck, and be prepared to put a LOT of miles on it. Given current fuel prices, not to mention license and insurance, and I don't think you'll make much money at it.

ya, You'd have to buy a truck for that pupose basically, alot of co's have a surcharge to help for the high fuel costs but i would think since the trasportation industry is so open i would think you'd make decent $$ hauling anything

beransfixitinc
12-15-2004, 12:43 AM
My uncle does this "on the side" , on the side of not doing anything else.. He moves .. let's see.. oil drilling test equipment. I made a run with him one time from TX to CT. Lemme tell ya, I doubt I'd do that again, TX to CT and back again in I believe it was like 4 days. We did alot of driving at night also.. I didn't get much sleep at the motels.

First time I've been that far north of the TX border. Man.. pretty country you guys have up there. Except for NewYork City.. that was a bi%$h.