PDA

View Full Version : Any one ever seek therapy?

LawnMower
12-14-2004, 08:12 PM
The reason why I ask is just the nature of this business. To quit your job, and start a business. To work and work and not having a punch out time. Most people would never take on such a risk. Why do we? When you reach burn out, then that may be a good time to go talk to someone. I have a buddy of mine that worked to much, that he went through two marriage's. After his second marriage he went and talked to someone. Therapy can get to the point of whats going on in your head. Are we all control freak's to some point? I know for me, I hate people telling me what do do. When I had a boss, I hated it. If a customer starts getting bossy for an extended period of time, I almost always consider dropping them.

I think ones people saw Tony Soprano going in and talking to someone, it made it kind of ok. I had to laugh when he said, going to therapy is like taking a crap. You unload all kinds of crap swimming around in your head I think he meant.

Just because you go to therapy doesn't mean your crazy.

bobbygedd
12-14-2004, 08:23 PM
many years my friend, and i still hear the voices in my head

1MajorTom
12-14-2004, 08:27 PM
I think you are right to some extent. A business owner needs to be somewhat controlling. You won't make it in business being a passive person.
The key though is knowing when to draw the line. I tell Matt all the time he is way too controlling at home, that he needs help.. He gets mad at me. ;)
Me on the other hand, I doubt would benefit from therapy. I'm as right in the head as they come. :laugh:
I'm sure though I could recommend a few people for the couch. ;)

BryPaulD
12-14-2004, 08:27 PM
It's nice to have a buddy wiser.

Ursushorribilus
12-14-2004, 09:05 PM
I think running your own business and taking control of your life as much as possible is a form of therapy...

breckslawncare
12-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Therapy is nothing to be afraid of, my friend.
It saved my marriage and gave me the self respect to be in this busines today.
After all it's better to go at the risk of saying that the shrink was nothing more than bull****, than to not go at the risk of turning you marriage or business into bull****.
I'm thankfull I went.

matthew horner
12-14-2004, 10:22 PM
I think running your own business and taking control of your life as much as possible is a form of therapy...
WOW, you must be reading the same books I'm reading. I agree. TAKE CONTROL OF YOU LIFE and be responsible.

Envy Lawn Service
12-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Are we all control freak's to some point?
Yup, can't even read that question without openly admitting it.
In business, I think I take it a little too far at times also.
It can be a friend or foe....

CharlieBingo
12-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I would go in a heartbeat. To have someone listen to me and all my headaches and then try to improve me sounds good to me. So why don't I go? $100 bucks an hour or whatever it cost. For now my two best friends (the dogs) will have to do.

Norm Al
12-14-2004, 11:00 PM
this guy needs help!

http://discount-poolsupplies.com/WTF2.wmv

out4now
12-14-2004, 11:11 PM
many years my friend, and i still hear the voices in my head
What do they say?

dvmcmrhp52
12-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Me on the other hand, I doubt would benefit from therapy. I'm as right in the head as they come. :laugh:
I'm sure though I could recommend a few people for the couch. ;)

You're as right in the head as they come??????
Are the little voices telling you this?
:waving:

Just had to laugh a bit jodi.................. :D

geogunn
12-14-2004, 11:12 PM
I think ones people saw Tony Soprano going in and talking to someone, it made it kind of ok. I had to laugh when he said, going to therapy is like taking a crap. You unload all kinds of crap swimming around in your head I think he meant.

Just because you go to therapy doesn't mean your crazy.

last sentence--I agree. but when you quote TONY SOPRANO and relate that to real life I think you may be coo-coo.

GEO

dvmcmrhp52
12-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Therapy is nothing to be afraid of, my friend.
It saved my marriage and gave me the self respect to be in this busines today.
After all it's better to go at the risk of saying that the shrink was nothing more than bull****, than to not go at the risk of turning you marriage or business into bull****.
I'm thankfull I went.

Good for you.

HOOLIE
12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
What do they say?

They tell him to "USE THE SHOVEL..."

out4now
12-14-2004, 11:18 PM
They tell him to "USE THE SHOVEL..."

I thought it would be," No muss no fuss no refunds" ;)

lawnman_scott
12-15-2004, 12:22 AM
last sentence--I agree. but when you quote TONY SOPRANO and relate that to real life I think you may be coo-coo.

GEO
Yeah thats what I thought.

richard coffman
12-15-2004, 12:42 AM
well, I've seen the shrink a few times, but that had to do with the ex wife. doing the work i do and running that mower is great therapy for me. one up from that would be coming to this forum and have a laugh at what Bobby has to say.This forum is probably good therapy for us all....... :D :D :D

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner

jeffex
12-15-2004, 06:05 AM
What do you think lawnsite is ? Many come here to vent with like minds. No charge for initial consultation!

Norm Al
12-15-2004, 10:27 AM
lawnsite therapy....
http://www.legendmud.org/kaige/images/grimmy.jpg

LawnMower
12-15-2004, 10:30 AM
I would go in a heartbeat. To have someone listen to me and all my headaches and then try to improve me sounds good to me. So why don't I go? $100 bucks an hour or whatever it cost. For now my two best friends (the dogs) will have to do.

Is that how much it costs? Geez I wonder if its a write off. Iv been thinking about getting some dogs.

Tony Soprano isn't real life? haha

Also good therapy is having a few beers with the guys. I get lots of crap off my chest when were playing cards and venting. The only problem with the guys, is there bi-est. They wont necessary tell you what you need to here. They tell you what you want to here.

bobbygedd
12-15-2004, 11:17 AM
What do they say?
they say, "hit him, hit him now. what are you waiting for, do it now, quickly, do it, do it, do it"

pwarren4
12-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Yea, I'll admit I tried to go to a couple af different shrinks a few times. Always ended up leaving VERY PISSED! I tried to go for an education on how to deal with my problems and situation, ALWAYS ended up with some sort of prescription that I didn't want. Even tried a couple - the side effects are horrendous. Quit that REAL quick. Even had one go so far as to tell me "I can't help you if you don't take your medication" - got up and walked out of his office right then. Appointments are supposed to last an hour right? Wrong! - I've been excused after 25 min - "Go take your drugs, I'll see you in a month" sheesh!

So - I wish you better luck than I had.

Bunch of drug pushing quacks is what I say!

leadarrows
12-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I tried that for a while.... marriage problems I won't go into. Didn't seem to help me any and I don't know if it was just a coincidence or not but the woman counselor got devoiced a few months later. LOL

Mo Green
12-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Cutting grass is therapy for me. After some days at the firehouse, it's just what I need.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-15-2004, 04:36 PM
After this month I am going to need something.... :dizzy: What else can happen? Wait... I don't need to ask that.

richard coffman
12-15-2004, 05:28 PM
you never what to ask that question, i stay away from even thinking it. :D :D

mtdman
12-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Nope. I have no problems that I would need therapy for. I have the best job in the world. No boss standing over me screaming at me all the time. I come and go as I please. I'm responsible for my destiny, I don't rely on others for my paycheck. I see all the working sheep out there with miserable jobs and unhappy lives and I'm more than thankful for what I have.

I could stand to lose a few pounds, but other than that I'm good to go.

:D

LawnMower
03-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I was almost going to recommend therapy to someone I was helping out today. Wasn't getting paid, I was doing a favor.

I was backing my truck into his driveway to dump some dirt. Well hes out there yelling at me to CUT MY WHEELS THIS WAY.....NO THAT WAY!! NO, NO, NO. NOW YOU NEED TO GO A HEAD AND STRAITEN OUT!! I said I'm just going to dump the dirt somewhere else. Then he yelled I COULD DO IT.

The whole time I knew what was doing. I had everything in my mirrors. Then he said, ITS HARD ISN'T IT. I said no not really in a kind of annoyed tone of voice. Then he turned around and went into the house.Then I proceeded to back up all my my self with out hitting anything, and dump the dirt where they wanted it. THE MAN NEEDS THERAPY.

His wife was very nice and I dealt with her the rest of the time.