PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have close up pics of JRCO leafplow mount?

matthew horner
12-14-2004, 10:54 PM
I got a used jrco leafplow ALL DISSASEMBLED!!. I have the unimount bar, but need a little help with how the plow goes together AND onto the unimount. Any help pls!
Thanks

macaw
12-15-2004, 07:12 AM
Go to the JRCO web site you can download a pdf file that will show you how it goes www.jrcoinc.com

Kelly's Landscaping
12-15-2004, 05:11 PM
The plow is great the mounting bolts are laughable they are a complete joke as are the plates they go through. The metal is to thin so they bend way to easy and the plates are 2 different sizes so you can go with the 2 small ones and the 2 large ones the trouble was the small ones are to tight. So I was forced to mix them and put the bolts in on an angle. What I need to do is make my own plates but I never seem to get around to it. The other thing is its best to tie a heavy rope around the top and hold on to the end to keep it from buckling. If you donít it can really bend under the mower rather easily. If you do you will find you can easily push 500-1000 pound loads with a ztr.

matthew horner
12-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Joke, what an understatement!!!!
I bolted the uni mouont bracket and it was too far back on the z's caster support arms. NOW i have to drill 4 new holes to get the plow to clear my z's casters. :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Question, should the tines be touching the ground, or just above? Also, the plow's casters have a little allen head set screw on the caster shaft. Does this adjust the height of the casters? Seems like you could do damage if you had it set wrong. I'd of thought the casters would move up and down???

Kelly's Landscaping
12-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Put the plow on pavement and set the casters so the tines are about half an inch off the ground and you should be fine.

matthew horner
12-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Put the plow on pavement and set the casters so the tines are about half an inch off the ground and you should be fine.

Ok but do you use the allen set screws for the casters?
Thanks

richard coffman
12-15-2004, 05:45 PM
guess I've found 1 attachment I'm not going to buy. :D

John Gamba
12-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok but do you use the allen set screws for the casters?
Thanks

Yes, Keep them tight after adjustment.
John

matthew horner
12-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Last question? What are the bolts with the bushing thingies (there are two of these bolts) that are on the c channel attachments to the plow that hook up to the universal mount?

gogetter
12-16-2004, 12:17 AM
guess I've found 1 attachment I'm not going to buy. :D

Now, now, now. Don't be so quick to judge. If you do a search on this product, you will find that the majority of the people that have one like them (or even love them!).

AL76
12-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Wouldn't it be easier just to call JRCO and have them send you a manual? I would think they would do that. Plus they could probably tell you what the bolts with bushings are for. I learned long ago it's faster to call the company and have them tell you the right way to do it rather than try to put stuff together myself and then have to re-do it again the right way.

That goes against all logic being "men" but it could save you some time and trouble.

Al

KathysLGC
12-21-2004, 03:10 PM
There is a shop down the street from me that had a few on display. If they still have them I will take some pics.