PDA

View Full Version : Hi Tech devises to protect your equipment

pjslawncare/landscap
12-14-2004, 11:56 PM
Anyone use such devises such as alarms, cameras, hi tech locking devises, barbed wire, hi voltage, smith & wesson --- well, mostly the first three?
I have just under 1 acre fenced in graveled lot that I keep all my equipment in and Ive decided to get rid of my four legged security devise before he bites some little kid or something and I become liable. I live in a small low crime community and have been lucky that Ive never had a thing stolen in over 11 years from my lot. I just purchased a wireless night vision securety camera & receiver off e-bay (havent got it yet). I will have to connect it to a VCR and I guess they have extended play tapes that you can buy. Of coarse everything is engraved and all serial # are recorded as well as insurance, but my luck can only run for so long ya know.
What do you have & does it work?

Randy Scott
12-15-2004, 01:16 AM
I have insurance.

richard coffman
12-15-2004, 01:55 AM
I'm still working on the security of my equipment while I'm out in the field. let you know what i come up with when i do. As for after hours, for the last few years, I've had my equipmet put away in a 12'x12'x30' storage unit that's owned by king author self storage.They've won security system of the year for the last 5 years. it amazed me at what they have and how it's built like a fortress. they've never been broken into, and everyone that get's a storage unit there goes through a background check and finger printed. it's so secure, that the swat team for the local police dept have there gear stored in the unit next to mine. to me it's worth it, I even right it off at the end of the year as a business exspence. I can't think of a more secure place i can have it. :D :D :D

BALDEAGLE
12-15-2004, 08:37 AM
ruger blackhawk 44-mag.

TURF DOCTOR
12-15-2004, 09:02 AM
NOTHING HIGH TECH JUST LOCKS AND CABLES,thought about trying a camera let me know how is works.

Harleyboy52
12-15-2004, 09:11 AM
In N. C. it's called a concealed carry permit. An armed society is a polite society. Tarrus 357 mag.

matthew horner
12-15-2004, 09:34 AM
ruger blackhawk 44-mag.
Super redhawk for me, that and a rooster :alien:

work_it
12-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Over a year ago I read something on this forum about security. A guy hooked up an anti theft gps type system to his trailer and mower. It was stolen and he called the security company, located in Denver, who tracked it and contacted the police. When the police arrived at the location the theives had already unloaded the trailer and had everything sitting outside a garage with FOR SALE signs on it.

SouthernYankee
12-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Sig Sauer 226 16 rounds of 124grain Gold Dots

matthew horner
12-15-2004, 02:32 PM
The rednecks had to "chime in" on this one.
:sleeping:

SouthernYankee
12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
I grew up on Cape Cod

excell
12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Amen to the CCW permit.

Want peace of mind? Insurance and a 9mm Smith & Wesson. GREAT SECURITY!!

a must in Detroit, Michigan.

SouthernYankee
12-15-2004, 07:25 PM
I have 4 concealed carry permits

I have Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Penn and Florida.
With those permits I am legal to carry in 30 states!!

If anyone wants a good site to find out info on these permits, PM me or post here.

matthew horner
12-15-2004, 07:27 PM
I' d love that site!
Matt

SouthernYankee
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
www.packing.org

There is a wealth of info on that site, that is how I got most of my permits!