PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Commercial bid

KDLAWN
12-15-2004, 02:04 AM
hey guys!! (or being from the south.... HEY YALL!!! :waving: ) hope everyone is have a GREAT holiday season....

I have been mowing residental for several years now and have my bidding on that pretty well down to a tee.. but I am starting full time in lawncare this year and have started bidding commercial this fall and was needing some help on this one.. and yes.. I know the universal answer on this before I say anything... Make sure you bid high enough to cover your cost... and I believe I am doing that, but I am not wanting to leave any money on the table at the same time.. I think you guys understand where I am comming from.. so here we go... :)

I am bidding on a commercial account that has several hills (or mountains depending on where your from..lol.. ) at about a 60-70 degree slope on it. 55ft high/740ft long( width).. another piece is 35ft high/86ft long (width) and the last one is 55ft high/304ft long (width) ...(DRIVING UP AND DOWN THE HILLS ARE NOT AN OPTION, THAT IS WHERE ALL THE WATER DRAINS, SO IT STAYS WET,ANKLE DEEP WET...) the other landscapeing is easy and flat.

total grass landscape is 364,158sqft... add another 14000sqft for beds..

1. What would be the best mower to use on the hills.. I have a scag 36" belt drive mower.. but my thoughts on that is.. it will not work being belt driven... SO... buy an EXMARK ECS HYDROSTATIC 48" WALKBEHIND (hydrostatic will handle the hill better and the wider deck will also add stability)
YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE....

2. What would be a fair bid for this... the bid is year around, flowers in beds, full service except fert.
YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED.... DOES NOT HAVE TO BE EXACT.. JUST A BALLPARK FIGURE IN YOUR AREA OF THE COUNTRY..
If you need more details , that can be provided..

promower
12-15-2004, 02:37 AM
I do a property with roughly the same acreage but the whole thing is flat and easy and it takes me 7-8hrs start to finish at $400 a visit. Sounds like your job is more complicated and will take longer my rough guesstimate is $600-$700 without looking at it. WB sounds like the only way to go for the hill, but doing that whole property with a 48" WB is going to take some serious time, if you get the job I would look at getting a WB and rider.

BALDEAGLE
12-15-2004, 06:31 AM
[QUOTE=KDLAWN]
I am bidding on a commercial account that has several hills (or mountains depending on where your from..lol.. ) at about a 60-70 degree slope on it. 55ft high/740ft long( width).. another piece is 35ft high/86ft long (width) and the last one is 55ft high/304ft long (width) ...(DRIVING UP AND DOWN THE HILLS ARE NOT AN OPTION, THAT IS WHERE ALL THE WATER DRAINS, SO IT STAYS WET,ANKLE DEEP WET...) the other landscapeing is easy and flat.

1. What would be the best mower to use on the hills.. ???

1) there is NO mower that will hold a 60-70 degree slope.

2) water will NOT stand ankle deep on a slope that steep either.

KDLAWN
12-15-2004, 11:49 AM
thanks guys for your input.. anymore input is welcomed..

where the water is ankle deep is at the bottom of the the hill where it flatens out.. this is where all the water from the road and parking lot flows through (drainage ditch).. I didn't make myself clear.. sorry :)

i_plant_art
12-15-2004, 01:16 PM
well i agree with baldeagle a 60-70 degree slope would be one STEEP slope think about it 90 degrees is straight up......... also to help out on the bid ( i dont mind letting you know what i would charge BASED UPON WHAT YOU DESCRIBE WITHOUT SEEING FOR MYSELF . what is the make up of the prunning? what is the size of the beds that need flowers? how many guys are on your crew? what size machine are you using ( describe all of them in deck size.. hp is obsolete here) basically more info is needed b4 anyone can help you out.

Landscare
12-15-2004, 05:26 PM
I would be at 54,000 for the year, our bids include mowing, trimming etc...
General policing, Aerations, Fertlization, Turf weed Control, Leaf Cleanup in fall,Bed Care, Pruning of trees and bushes, Weekly sprinkler system checks, Activation of sprinklers, Winterization of sprinklers, Winter policing.

This is the standard in Colorado, this is a competitive price. I dont know what the market is in your parts. We bid all properties at .15/sq ft. of turf. Beds are included in that price.

Hope this helps, If you would like to email me I could walk through it with you.

KDLAWN
12-17-2004, 01:58 PM
ok.. here is my layout ..
crew :4
equipt. : 1 42" walker mulch system, exmark 48" mulching, 2 weedeaters, 2 edgers, 23 blowers, exmark 48" walkbehind, 2 21" toro

flower : about 100 - 200 sqft.. depending on how many flowers we put in..

prunning I have 14,000sqft of beds with majority of small boxwoods in them..

thanks guys.. this is helping me alot.. in how to word questions and the information needed in getting accurate info... :cool2: