PDA

View Full Version : Gear Caddy by Jungle Jim's

rookie03
12-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Who has the Gear Caddy (Trimmer Rack, Backpack Blower Pole, Cooler Holder) from Jungle Jim's?

For those that have the Gear Caddy, what are the pros and cons?

I'm deciding today whether or not to order one. I think that once I get it I'll probably wonder how I worked without one, but it retails for $289.95 so I want to make sure it's worth it before I buy it.

Appreciate the help!!!

all degree
12-15-2004, 03:36 PM
I have it and its going on its third season and its held up well. No rust and it works like the day that I got it. Holds 3 trimmers, two backpacks, water cooler and trimmer line.

I thought it was pricey too but in the long run its been worth it for me.

Good Luck!

rookie03
12-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks for that reply. I was also wondering how well it would hold up and if it would rust. Good to hear that you've had it three seasons and it's still going strong. Thanks for the post!

MPH
12-15-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm deciding today whether or not to order one. I think that once I get it I'll probably wonder how I worked without one, but it retails for $289.95 so I want to make sure it's worth it before I buy it.

Appreciate the help!!!

My local dealer has it for $229.00. Check around, maybe you can find a better price! :)
Megan

NorrisG
12-15-2004, 04:17 PM
I've had my gear caddy for 2 seasons now and it's been great. I haven't ever used anything else so I can't compare it to anything, but it has held up fine.

K c m
12-15-2004, 04:25 PM
If its for an enclosed trailor. Don't even bother. Mine costed about 50 bucks. 3 pieces of plywood and a template. 2 string cutters, and a pole edger. a rack in the back for the chain saw. on the left back has the echo hc1500 hedge trimmer. Up in the front rakes and what not. And right next to the right door is my mantis tiller. All with the use of plywood. Don't buy racks. Just fabricate them yourselvers :waving:

impactlandscaping
12-15-2004, 04:52 PM
We are doing alot more mowing this year and even more for next, so I thought it was time to organize the mowing trailer / truck. I bought a GC setup at Louisville from Jungle Jim's, and we love it. I think with two stihl adapters and tax it was $ 215.00 for all. I waited until Sunday to pull out the cash..lol :D

rookie03
12-16-2004, 12:22 AM
Glad to hear the positive posts on the Gear Caddy. How do you find out where to buy them locally? I was just going to order it online. I tried looking in the dealer locater, but nothing came up just a 1-800 number.

Norm Al
12-16-2004, 12:25 AM
this is my new rig!
http://www.boyles.org/JaipurPictures/1019aA13_011.jpg

Downeast
12-16-2004, 08:42 AM
I have the tool caddy,and don't like it.The trimmer rack and blower rack is fine.But the holes to drop the tools in had little saw like teeth in them.So when you are driving down the road ,the tool handles move and the little teeth start to cut through the rakes and shovels.It will eventually cut right through them.

They may have fixed it ,but if they didn't that means you have to file them or put some rubber coating on them.For the money they charge ,one should not have to fine tune them . Also if you do not have sides on your trailer you will have to make something to secure the handle bottoms as they will move in transit.

Had them a few years and have held up,but the hand tool caddy sucks, I think.

I would not buy it again.I have not ever recommended them as of yet.