PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z Master eBay Auction

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey Folks…

Well, I decided that I wasn’t using my Toro Z Master enough to justify the cost… so I listed it on eBay.

Take a look at the listing and let me know if I missed anything, or if you would add anything..

Also, I’m using a little different hosting method for the pics, so make sure all 10 are visible on your computer.

Here is the link: eBay Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4344679948&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT) eBay item number: 4344679948

Thanks!

Ryan

YardPro
12-15-2004, 07:56 PM
dude,
now everybody on ebay has your name and adress

that's a really good start for identity theft.
i would have blurred out that info before posting it on ebay

ztoro
12-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Nice ad! but i think you are asking to much........

I know around me the 2004 are selling for 7,999 with no hours... i think if you were asking around 6500-7000 you would have a better chance of selling it...

I actually bought a 2004 over last winter at an open house and Paid 7,600 plus tax....

Good luck, hope it goes......

yes I would take your address out of the ad

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
12-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Nice looking mower, but the price is to high in my opinion.

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-15-2004, 08:28 PM
YardPro,

Good thoughts on the information, I let that one slip.. It has been fixed!

So you guys think the price is too high? If you don't count tax, I paid $8200 for it new and I've used it 47 hours. Let's say you can get 2500 hours on the mower if it's taken care of. That's $8200 divided by 2500 hours to get cost per hour. Cost per hour = $3.28. Multiply that times the 47 hours that I've used it = $154.

Subtract $154 from $8200 and you get $8,046. I'm asking $7,499.

I realize depreciation doesn't exactly work like that, but it seems fair to me. I called the dealer that I bought it from and he said I should ask $8,000 for it. Of course... this is the off season...

Mo Green
12-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately, mowers seem to be alot like automobiles. As soon as you pull them off the lot, they depreciate. I've found through my experience on e-bay, sometimes starting at a lower price for an item will bring you more in the end. It tends to start a bidding war between potential buyers who bid at the beginning because they feel that they are getting a great deal.

ztoro
12-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I agree with starting the bidding low. It stimulates people to bid.....

I would be suprised if you got 7,500 its to close to a new one... and now the 2004 are selling at cheap prices because they are left overs....

What happened to the Rops bar? It looks like it got pretty marked up, was something attached to it?

I think if you start low you can at least get an Idea of what people will pay.

Like you said its the offseason so not many people have the cash, and Landscape companies are offering no interest no payment til June 05( at least thats what i got) Its hard to compete with that....

Fareway Lawncare
12-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Around here Commercial Equip. Drops 25%Automatically once it's off the Lot regardless of what the Meter Says...

I lost 2k on a 48" Toro Hydro Walk that was used Under 30hrs.....& I was Lucky to Get what I Did.

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-15-2004, 09:02 PM
ztoro,

The ROPS bar got slammed against the side of my trailer by an employee...

As far as starting at a lower price on eBay: I owe about what I'm asking on the loan... and I don't have the cash to make up the difference. Asking a lower price to start has worked well for me in the past with other items, but If I end up only getting like 5k for this mower then... I'm screwed! :rolleyes:

Cobra Jock
12-15-2004, 09:36 PM
YardPro,

Good thoughts on the information, I let that one slip.. It has been fixed!

So you guys think the price is too high? If you don't count tax, I paid $8200 for it new and I've used it 47 hours. Let's say you can get 2500 hours on the mower if it's taken care of. That's $8200 divided by 2500 hours to get cost per hour. Cost per hour = $3.28. Multiply that times the 47 hours that I've used it = $154.

Subtract $154 from $8200 and you get $8,046. I'm asking $7,499.

I realize depreciation doesn't exactly work like that, but it seems fair to me. I called the dealer that I bought it from and he said I should ask $8,000 for it. Of course... this is the off season...

Look, Your dealer has financing that's why he would try to sell it for 8,000.00 You aren't financing it. I know for a fact (100%) that I could buy that mower right now brand new for 7,500.00. Should I save $1.00 to buy one with any hours on it? Look, either keep it and mow your money out of it, or take atleast a 2,000.00 bath and get it over with. I'd also take the muffler guard off and paint it along with the ROPS. I know its a hard pill to swallow, but I think that you're looking at 6,000.00 TOPS! :angry:

Greg

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Greg,

Relax man... No need to get bent out of shape over it!

We'll just see how it goes...

Cobra Jock
12-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Greg,

Relax man... No need to get bent out of shape over it!

We'll just see how it goes...

Sorry if I came off that way, didn't mean to sound offensive (must be the 24 years in the Army coming out). :) I do wish you good luck selling it and agree that it is worth what you're asking, the hard part (and the point I was trying to make) is getting it! Again, no offense and good luck!

Greg

ALarsh
12-15-2004, 10:29 PM
If you’re afraid about getting screwed at $5k, start the auction at 1 penny and put a reserve on the auction. A reserve on the auction means that you tell ebay how much you want for it. If it doesn't reach the price you told ebay, you are not obligated to sell it to the high bidder, but you still can if you want to.

I'm actually looking for that same ZTR. I have a friend that is supposed to get me that same mower (except 25 hours on it) for $6,000, but he is dragging his feet and looks like he is backing out (he knows the person that distributes Toros for the Midwest). I'll offer you $6,000 for it.

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Greg,

No worries. :)

Alarsh,

I started out with the reserve auction. eBay wanted $30 to list it with a reserve, and $6 to list it without. I chose the second option! :)

$6,000? I wish I could buy a commercial mower with 47 hours on it for $2,900 less than someone paid for it! That would be nice. :rolleyes:

ALarsh
12-16-2004, 12:29 AM
$6,000? I wish I could buy a commercial mower with 47 hours on it for $2,900 less than someone paid for it! That would be nice. :rolleyes:

You should have bought used then. I am curious to see if anybody is going to bid on it. I have the listing in my "Watching" folder. Thats fine though, I will keep on pushing my friend to talk to the distributer

GrassBustersLawn
12-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Hi TULSA

I was just in Tulsa (a long way from Indy) last night! (Well drove thru it at least! Hit a big traffic jam on I-44 East at 6 pm.)

I bought a mower in Muskogee & sold one to a LawnSiter in Oklahoma City. My first time to OK, even though my wife was born in Stillwater. (If anyone gets to OKC, be sure to go to the Bomb Memorial. It is nicely done & the Museum is worth the time & $7 admission. It is a VERY POWERFUL display to try and show the rest of us in the U.S. just what happened on 4-19-95.)

Everyone I spoke to their was moaning about all the rain they had in NOV. Wish we had that problem this year!

Good luck with selling your equipment!

ChadA
12-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Very nice mower but I to don't think you'll get what your asking. I just looked at that exact mower but with a kawasaki, it had 52 hrs on it. Same scenario. Bought it for a specific job and he lost the contract. He was only asking 5k. I wish i had the extra $$$ I would of bought it in a second. I think 7500 is a little steep. Godd luck either way.

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-16-2004, 01:05 AM
You should have bought used then. I am curious to see if anybody is going to bid on it. I have the listing in my "Watching" folder. Thats fine though, I will keep on pushing my friend to talk to the distributer

I wish I had bought used.. I know better. Next time.

With the listing only being $6, I may just have to list it multiple times to get it to sell... It's only been listed for a few hours and already has 150 hits. Of course I think that's mostly lawnsite folks! :p

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
12-16-2004, 01:22 AM
Well if your worried about only getting 5k for it start the bid at 6k and see where it goes. 6k towards your loan is better than nothing or asking for a price you may not get. But hey if you want to try and sell it for what you have it at, then try it. If it works great, if not then you know to lower the price.

ztoro
12-16-2004, 08:26 AM
I would imagine if you put it up for 6K with no reserve it would end up between 6500-7000.... and I would say thats a good deal..... The longer you wait all the 2005 models will probably have good incentives on them and you will not be able to get rid of it......

also you need to wipe the bird poop of the muffler guard... I hate bird poop on my machines...

No Lawncares
12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
There is No way you get what your asking. But if you do great for you.

ztoro
12-16-2004, 10:35 AM
in your post in the forsale forum you said your name is Ryan but the receipt says James? Are you the original owner or are selling it for someone?

Tulsa Lawn Guy
12-16-2004, 12:42 PM
in your post in the forsale forum you said your name is Ryan but the receipt says James? Are you the original owner or are selling it for someone?

I've been plagued with that issue my whole life... My legal name is James (after my father and grandfather). My middle name is Ryan, which is what I go by... Thanks mom and dad.. :rolleyes:

ztoro,

Good eyes on the bird poop... I can't believe I missed that... of all things! :p

I spend 30 minutes at the car wash cleaning the machine up.

oldturf
12-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Ryan;
The truth is that you may get $6,500 for it, if you are lucky.
If I were you, I would find the business for it this year and let it pay for itself. Just my 2 cents