PDA

View Full Version : MI Aeration in spring

MImowerkid
12-15-2004, 07:51 PM
This one is for you guys in lower MI and some surrounding states. I purchased an used Bluebird 424 aerator this year and didn't get a chance to use it on any of my customers lawns yet. I sent out a survey with my final billing that asked if any of my customers would be intrested in this service next year. I was suprised to find out that almost fifteen people would be intrested. The problen is that I don't really know where to set my prices. My expenses are low and I do not want to be a so called " lowballer " so I figure I can keep my prices in set with everyone elses. The machine still set me back a pretty penny so I would like to make back my investment this coming year . The properties I will be using them on are approx 10 to 15 thousand sq feet and my investigation shows others charging anywhere from 30 to over 50 dollers a pop. Would you agree that my prices should be somewhere in that region? thanks for all of your help!

RedWingsDet
12-15-2004, 07:54 PM
for 15k sq ft I would charge about $75. some people charge more, some less... Also, watch out for sprinklers, telephone lines, and cable lines. Some citys around here burry the cables under ground.

MImowerkid
12-15-2004, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Also, watch out for sprinklers, telephone lines, and cable lines. Some citys around here burry the cables under ground.[/QUOTE] I would plan on marking sprinkler heads with some flags but that is a concearn of mine and I still plan on replacing some when I fire the machine up! thanks for the tip

tiedeman
12-15-2004, 09:12 PM
average rates for aeration are $7 to $10 per 1,000 sq ft

mtdman
12-15-2004, 09:14 PM
As with everything else, I bill according to how long it takes me. Most of the props I do take about 45 min to an hour to do, I charge $40 to $45 per job. Most are right around 5000sqft.