PDA

View Full Version : ZTR`s

DAN NELSON
01-24-2001, 11:39 PM
Any Scag owners out there that have any pros and cons that they would like to share on turf tiger ztr`s. I`m in the market for a good ztr but don`t want to buy an expensive unit that won`t met my needs. any suggestions????

Esby
01-26-2001, 02:07 PM
I would post this under the Commercial Lawn Care Forum. You will get a better response there.

1MajorTom
01-26-2001, 02:26 PM
Dan,

I moved this over here to the commercial forum as Esby
suggested so you can get more response.

Jodi

65hoss
01-26-2001, 03:43 PM
Forget the Scag. Look at the exmark Lazar's and the Dixie Choppers. Better cut, faster blade tip speed, good service, factory support, better mulching (exmark). Let me also throw in Toro.

cleancut
01-26-2001, 08:17 PM
Go test drive a Gravely 260z..I think you'll like it...Derrick

CCLC
01-26-2001, 08:22 PM
Shop around unless you don't have much of a selection in your area. Each mower has it pros and cons. We have both Bunton and Toro ZTR's. We like certain things on each of them and don't like a couple of things on each of them. Overall we are satisified with them. Make sure you get a good dealer who will service you when you need it and provide a loner mower if you need it.

Davis TLC
01-26-2001, 08:42 PM
Dealer support is a valuable resource. If you don't have good support from the dealer even the best mower will not be worth the money you spend on it. I ran into this on the first commercial mower I bought, it was a new dealer and a new mower design. The dealer didn't stay in business and the factory support on the mower was just about non existent. Look for a dealer who has been in business for a number of years and who is familiar with your mower.

Mr.Ziffel
01-27-2001, 10:45 AM
Look at all mowers available very closely in the shop, read the literature and the comments/experience of those on this board and narrow the field to your top choices, then TEST DRIVE/CUT. Preferable do this side by side or within a very short time period of each other on the same site. If you're willing to spend upwards of 9 or 10,000 dollars the dealers need to be willing to bring them to you for a try.
I intend to post a more complete report but I'll just say that I narrowed my choice to the 60" 27LC Scag TT and Exmark Lazer Z. I cut half of a 1 acre lawn with the Scag and an hour later the other half with the Lazer. I bought the Lazer. Will