PDA

View Full Version : Customer calls and asks me to bury her pet....

geogunn
12-16-2004, 09:26 AM
I just got the call. it seems a good customers little poochie has passed away in the night.

she said she called me because she just didn't know who else to call. she is elderly and I don't doubt she needs some help.

so I told her I'd be over there shortly and take care it for her.

as cold as it is there isn't much else going on.......... :cry:

GEO :)

jaybird
12-16-2004, 09:29 AM
good man, i would do same thing.

cutnedge
12-16-2004, 09:29 AM
Was it the German Shepherd?

packerbacker
12-16-2004, 09:30 AM
Gedd would charge her 150 bucks and then tell her to take care of her pets better

jlewis
12-16-2004, 09:39 AM
My sister made the same call last Saturday. Her cat died and she could not get a hole dug (bad back). She called the guy that does her "landscape" odds & ends. He came over and helped her.

all degree
12-16-2004, 09:43 AM
First of all that is illegal and you being a cop should know that.

I do have a request...

Can you jump in the hole with it!

dcondon
12-16-2004, 09:47 AM
good man, i would do same thing.

Diddo what you said!!!!!!!!!!

DUSTYCEDAR
12-16-2004, 09:48 AM
its extra money do it help out and old lady

Garden Panzer
12-16-2004, 09:52 AM
I bet the dog was killed by a crooked cop, who returns for cash to bury it...!
:sleeping:

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 10:00 AM
interesting, another cop breaking the law.........how can you be sure the animal is dead? are you a veteranarian? can you provide burials, without a license? and is it within city ordinance to bury carcasses on ones property where she lives?

packerbacker
12-16-2004, 10:03 AM
*yawn* LAAAAAAAAAAME

dcondon
12-16-2004, 10:08 AM
its extra money do it help out and old lady

Do it for free!!!!!!!! I do a lot for one older woman that here brother will not help her. She has a farm, with no animals.

1MajorTom
12-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Gee Geo that's tough. You're a nice guy for helping out like that. If my mom were in that situation and had no one, I would hope she would have someone to call and help.
Matt helped one time bury an animal, it was a cat. He wasn't too thrilled about doing it, cause he thought the customer was crazy, but he did it anyways. The guy gave extra money, but it wasn't about the money. Matt just wanted to get the hole dug as quickly as possible.

1MajorTom
12-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Gedd would charge her 150 bucks and then tell her to take care of her pets better

This thread isn't even about him, why bring him up? If he bothers you so much, please do not intentionally disrupt other threads, so this one goes down hill!!!

packerbacker
12-16-2004, 10:16 AM
This thread isn't even about him, why bring him up? If he bothers you so much, please do not intentionally disrupt other threads, so this one goes down hill!!!

PLease take it PMs if you want to discuss it. Or we can exchange email addys :)

GrassBustersLawn
12-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow, that is surprising. Here they would have called me up and accused me of killing the critter!

Mike

leadarrows
12-16-2004, 11:27 AM

I do have a request...

interesting, another cop breaking the law.........how can you be sure the animal is dead? are you a veteranarian? can you provide burials, without a license? and is it within city ordinance to bury carcasses on ones property where she lives?
==================================================================
I donít do this very oftenÖ.kinda think itís a chicken**** thing to do but why donít you guys go **** yourselves. Instant pissed when I read this ****. The guy doses a nice thing and all it is to you is another chance for you bozos to show the rest of us how stupid you are.

Geo pay these aholes no never mind you did a good thing.

all degree
12-16-2004, 11:33 AM

I do have a request...

==================================================================
I donít do this very oftenÖ.kinda think itís a chicken**** thing to do but why donít you guys go **** yourselves. Instant pissed when I read this ****. The guy doses a nice thing and all it is to you is another chance for you bozos to show the rest of us how stupid you are.

Geo pay these aholes no never mind you did a good thing.

Have you even read how he responds to everyone's posts?? There is not a more condescending person on the site. I just treat him as he treats others...

cutnedge
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
This thread isn't even about him, why bring him up? If he bothers you so much, please do not intentionally disrupt other threads
With all due respect Jodi, I've read numerous gedd posts bashing the majority of members here that have nothing to do with someone else's threads. You know, the ones where he omits his three friends(do I have to name them?) and states that the other "2497 lawnboys are just lowballers". Or, "get to the back of the bus" if you don't agree with me. Personally, I find humor in alot of these responses.
His "my way or the highway" attitude is going to get numerous comebacks from those of us that are not fortunate enough to be in the elite 3. Alot of people here aren't going to play his "I know you are but what am I" games, but the ones that do have every right to retaliate.
My apologies, Geo

YardPro
12-16-2004, 01:42 PM
GEO

I would hope you would bury the animal for her.
If she has no one else to call it was probably her only friend in the world, and makes her think even more about her own mortality.

i WOULD HOPE WE WOULD ALL HAVE THE COMPASSION TO HELP OUT A FELLOW HUMAN BEING IN A TIME OF NEED LIKE THAT.

KathysLGC
12-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Losing a loved pet is hard on a person. I know because i went thru it with a dog that was my side kick. He would sit in the passenger side like a human. I even had a harness on him for the seat belt.
I say do it for free. You payment will be the satisfaction of helping her out. I'm not saying go into the pet burial business but for a good customer i would certainly do the favor.

geogunn
12-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Have you even read how he responds to everyone's posts?? There is not a more condescending person on the site. I just treat him as he treats others...

Larry
All Degree

DANG LAWRENCE--it seems like not only are you ALL DEGREE, you know how to give the THIRD DEGREE! and I like that last sentence...I just treat him as he treats others.... I'd sure hate to have you as my executioner! soooooooo LAWRENCE--how about getting over it dude!

as for the customer's pet, everything is taken care of. "BITSY" is settled in for a long winters night claydirt nap.

it was very sad, evern for me. this icustomer is one of my little old ladies that lives in a rural setting by herself.

I don't mind at all that she called. as for the payment, it seems she knows me too well.

she asked for what I was going to charge her and I refused saying I was gonna be out her way but she offered me an envelope any way.

I refused the envelope but she handed me a second envelope and said it was a Christmas Card. I accepted the Christmas Card.

and in the Christmas Card I found a $20.

so she got me one way ot the other.

GEO

KathysLGC
12-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Glad to know it's taken care of.

all degree
12-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Just lighten up on others and I will you.

geogunn
12-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Just lighten up on others and I will you.

Larry
All Degree

LAWRENCE--YOU ARE KIDDING.......... RIGHT???

GEO :laugh: :laugh:

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
i don't believe there are so many people condoning this illegal activity. this makes me look like the pope. there are reasons carcasses aren't supposed to be buried on ones property.

rodfather
12-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I've never had to bury a family pet for someone, but did once get a call to come over and cover up a dead horse in the front of someone's home (good customer). Went over with a blue tarp, covered it, and then phoned a deadstock service to come and get the animal.

They came with a pretty big truck with a winch to yank the animal up in it. Not too pretty btw...

out4now
12-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Here they have a number in the phone book for dead animal pick up. I don't know what they do in the rural areas. If your town has ordianaces against burial then what do they do with Fluffy or Fido, take 'em to a veternarians office? As for what you did your heart was in the right place.

beransfixitinc
12-16-2004, 03:41 PM
i don't believe there are so many people condoning this illegal activity. this makes me look like the pope. there are reasons carcasses aren't supposed to be buried on ones property.

Not trying to get in on the bashing, but what about burying ones former pet on their property is illegal? We have numerous previous pets around the yard, some in a special place. Who and what says it is illegal?

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Not trying to get in on the bashing, but what about burying ones former pet on their property is illegal? We have numerous previous pets around the yard, some in a special place. Who and what says it is illegal?
call your borough code officer. i bet it's illegal

all degree
12-16-2004, 05:17 PM
I believe that its illegal for health reasons. Disease can be spread by improper burial. I am though pretty positive that its against town ordinances.

beransfixitinc
12-16-2004, 05:50 PM
call your borough code officer. i bet it's illegal

Who the heck is that? We aren't within a city limits.. maybe those kind of Saddam Laws do not apply out in the county.

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Who the heck is that? We aren't within a city limits.. maybe those kind of Saddam Laws do not apply out in the county.
although you may be legally allowed to marry your first cousin, i'm sure some laws exsist. check, you'd be surprised

YardPro
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
there you go again trying to start an argument

beransfixitinc
12-16-2004, 06:46 PM
although you may be legally allowed to marry your first cousin, i'm sure some laws exsist. check, you'd be surprised

Ehh, I'll just let that one go...

lawnwizards
12-16-2004, 06:47 PM
personally, i wouldn't care if it was illegal or not. i'd bury my pet in my yard. hell, i'd even go and buy it one of those little headstones...

pjslawncare/landscap
12-16-2004, 06:49 PM

I do have a request...

I hate jerks like this! Get a life

KINGjosh
12-16-2004, 07:12 PM
I believe in most parts it is legal, as long as it is burried 3 or more feet below the surface!

richard coffman
12-16-2004, 07:19 PM
I have burried a lot of pets in my time for customers and for myself. Those customers will stay loyal to ya. it's good to help others out. Some people treat dogs or cats like family. My wife and i are no different, we do the same thing.

oldturf
12-16-2004, 07:23 PM
I just got the call. it seems a good customers little poochie has passed away in the night.

she said she called me because she just didn't know who else to call. she is elderly and I don't doubt she needs some help.

so I told her I'd be over there shortly and take care it for her.

as cold as it is there isn't much else going on.......... :cry:

GEO :) This is the way a normal person reacts to an old woman in need. No Charge-Good Job

YardPro
12-16-2004, 07:29 PM
i appluad you also geo. i would have done the same without hesitation.

I bury my pets in my back yard, and have done the same for friends that have lost thier pets.

illegal or not i'll continue to do so

LawnBoy89
12-16-2004, 07:32 PM

Gedd I'm sure you are the type of person to abide by every law out there, if I knew more about you I could probably throw a couple laws you are breaking right out there.

I once buried my hamster in my front yard about 5 years ago, and uhh, nothing bad came out of it so the reasons that it shouldn't be buried on ones property can't be too severe. By the way, why don't you list us those reasons.

Good decision Geo, I would have done the same thing, I actually enjoy helping out the elderly.

leadarrows
12-16-2004, 08:32 PM
The laws that do exist target hunters burying there leftovers and large live stock producers. The corpse cops aren't going to arrest you for burying a pet in the yard.

I get this picture of the corpse cops giving out tickets to the critters that drop dead in the country side. LOL

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Gedd I'm sure you are the type of person to abide by every law out there, if I knew more about you I could probably throw a couple laws you are breaking right out there.

I once buried my hamster in my front yard about 5 years ago, and uhh, nothing bad came out of it so the reasons that it shouldn't be buried on ones property can't be too severe. By the way, why don't you list us those reasons.

Good decision Geo, I would have done the same thing, I actually enjoy helping out the elderly.
me? BREAK LAWS? no way. in fact, when that guy said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." i said, "yo, dude, where the rocks at?"

Rhett
12-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Must be winter, let the bitching and back biting begin. Geo you already know that you did the right thing. No charge and I am sorry for your loss.

jaybird
12-16-2004, 10:02 PM
helped bury a horse dug hole with box blade he didnt get it deep enough legs were sticking up no loader the fellow had to adjust some legs not a pretty site.

Soupy
12-16-2004, 10:03 PM
Bobby, Take another hit off your pipe and look up the word Hypocrite.

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
HYPOCRITE- a land mass surrounded by water on three sides

Soupy
12-16-2004, 10:55 PM
hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney, pretender]

Source: WordNet ģ 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

hypocrite

one who puts on a mask and feigns himself to be what he is not; a dissembler in
religion. Our Lord severely rebuked the scribes and Pharisees for their
hypocrisy (Matt. 6:2, 5, 16). "The hypocrite's hope shall perish" (Job 8:13).
The Hebrew word here rendered "hypocrite" rather means the "godless" or
"profane," as it is rendered in Jer. 23:11, i.e., polluted with crimes.

Source: Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

lawnman_scott
12-16-2004, 11:12 PM
I guess he should have turned in the old lady for trying to entice him with money to break the law.

dvmcmrhp52
12-16-2004, 11:22 PM
GEO, Buddy, Good for you.

The rest of ya (you know who you are)..............Shut up already.

lee b
12-16-2004, 11:31 PM
Geo, you did good. :angel:

As for some of ya'll, I've never heard jackasses bray so loud. :realmad:

Illegal to bury a pet, get for real, if they had laws like that here, I'd move.

crawdad
12-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Ya, he's talking about New jersey. They have laws for everything. Illegal to bury your pet...Come on, What're you supposed to do with him?
If I wanted, I could be interred out back, next to my dog, when the time comes.

all degree
12-17-2004, 09:42 AM
Dont get me wrong I would have helped the person in some way as well. I have 5-6 customers that I help with all kinds of stuff that they are unable to do. I think its great that GEO helped.

All I am saying is that in NJ thats illegal. Sorry we have laws here.

bobbygedd
12-17-2004, 10:52 AM
yea, another we have is you aint allowed to marry your own sister. you guys have that law there?

dcondon
12-17-2004, 11:20 AM
GEO, Buddy, Good for you.

The rest of ya (you know who you are)..............Shut up already.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm with you.......... Everyone has broken the law at one point in time. If you did everything by the book you would be sleeping in a box. :)

crawdad
12-17-2004, 11:48 AM
yea, another we have is you aint allowed to marry your own sister. you guys have that law there?

I'll bet you were disapointed to learn of that law, eh?
Crawdad :p

bobbygedd
12-17-2004, 12:43 PM
I'll bet you were disapointed to learn of that law, eh?
Crawdad :p
well, i asked her, but she turned me down.

lee b
12-17-2004, 08:13 PM

Yeah, it's illegal to marry your sister here, doesn't matter, down here everybody quit marrying their sisters years ago, because all their kids were born with mullet hairdos. I hear it still occurs up north from time to time.

muddstopper
12-17-2004, 08:33 PM

I do have a request...

What is illegal about burying a dead pet. Better than putting it in the dumpster.

LawnBoy89
12-19-2004, 12:04 AM
HYPOCRITE- a land mass surrounded by water on three sides

LMFAO, have you realized that everytime someone asks you a definetion you give the one above? hahaa