PDA

View Full Version : rookie in town

dirtymike32
12-16-2004, 09:42 AM
I'm wanting to start a lawn service on a part time basis. I'm not sure how I should go about pricing jobs, doing contracts, and what services to try to avoid. Can anyone help me out?

SLCINC
12-16-2004, 10:10 AM
I just started a couple years ago. For most residential cutting runs around $20-25 and you would try to do it on a weekly basis. Fall/spring clean ups suck if you don't have the equipment to vacuum it up. And personally it has been very difficult estimating landscaping, you just learn through experience depending on the size of the job. Always have them sign a service agreement so that you'll get paid, should be simple with prices and how long the service will be.

impactlandscaping
12-16-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm wanting to start a lawn service on a part time basis. I'm not sure how I should go about pricing jobs, doing contracts, and what services to try to avoid. Can anyone help me out?

Work for a professional LCO and get some experience first. If you have never worked the green industry in any facet, you have one heck of a learning curve to break really quickly. Try www.lawncaresuccess.com as well for lots of information