PDA

View Full Version : A question about spec sheets

Precision Lawns
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
I see a lot of people mentioning that when they go to bid a property they ask for the bid specs from the manager. I have a few questions about this. Do most/all commercial sites have their own bid sheets? If so, how do you submit a bid? Let me clarify: We (my partner and I) were planning to submit our bids (if and when we get the opportunity to) in a nice folder containing a letter about our company, a page about our equipment, a page with all of our company contact info, a couple business cards, and a contract which would detail the services we provided and state our bid (no references or photos yet - new business). Can we still do this, or does our bid need to come on their bid sheet? Would it help if we included their bid sheet in the packet in addition to the contract?

Just not sure how the whole bidding process works. We're trying hard to look and act professional and do it right the first time, but we've always been crew, not management, and never took part in this aspect of the process. I've gotten a lot of helpful advice on this site so far and I really appreciate it.

Happy holidays!

Landscare
12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
It just depends on the property, Some property will have you do all bids on there sheets, some will alow you to bid it however you want. For Instance Circut City had me bid on there corporate bid requirements certian things they want done a certian amount of times etc... Plus its what they are used to looking at.

These are good because it allows them to look at companies apples to apples. That way each company is bidding on the same things.

I dont know if that helps but please contact me if you have any other questions we are here to help

rodfather
12-16-2004, 03:32 PM
Depends really on the customer. Normally, I like to use our own bid forms, but in the past have used the customer's in a couple of instances. I guess it's whatever you need to land the account.

Good Luck...

brinlee lawn
12-16-2004, 04:31 PM
I am with rodfather I like to use are own sheets, but sometimes it is not possible.

YardPro
12-16-2004, 05:02 PM
we have several properties that have bid sheets where you "fill in the blanks"