PDA

View Full Version : Question for John deere 717A Owners

blair smock
12-16-2004, 05:59 PM
Hi guys, wasn't planning on adding any more equipment for awhile, but just signed a contract for 2 very large condo units, I have a a lazer z 60" now but I am going to need 1 for a guy who helps me out. I was planning on having him do all the fronts of the condos while I do the back on the Lazer. The fronts would consist of 60 20'x30' lots with about two trees on each lot and 1 flower bed. My local dealer had a killer price on an 04 717A 19 kawi 48" deck. Is their any trim edge of to speak of on the 717a? How about quality of cut and durability? Enough Power? Thanks for the help! Blair

coastallandscapesolutions
12-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi guys, wasn't planning on adding any more equipment for awhile, but just signed a contract for 2 very large condo units, I have a a lazer z 60" now but I am going to need 1 for a guy who helps me out. I was planning on having him do all the fronts of the condos while I do the back on the Lazer. The fronts would consist of 60 20'x30' lots with about two trees on each lot and 1 flower bed. My local dealer had a killer price on an 04 717A 19 kawi 48" deck. Is their any trim edge of to speak of on the 717a? How about quality of cut and durability? Enough Power? Thanks for the help! Blair

We have two and love them. The 7 Iron deck is the best in the business especially when you get to the real tall grass. The mower will give you a real clean cut and trims well. You will like it.

Travis Followell
12-16-2004, 06:53 PM
The 7 iron decks are very good. We have one on a JD front mount and that deck will hold up to anything. We mow some very rough ground and some very tall grass with it and it never lets us down. They also have a good cut.