PDA

View Full Version : Define succe$$

K.Carothers
12-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Its very easy to get caught up in the money game. How many times have we met,heard or seen "successful" people. You know the type I'm talking about. They have 2 fleased I mean leased $40k cars, big beautiful home(not furnished), members of the country club, brand name clothes, the latest electronic devices, social butterfly's, the who's who in the community, walks with that "I am god" strut, vacations, fine dining, has an answer for all your problems and so on and so on. The fact is that these people are no good at home. Can't spend time with the kids as they are growing up because of the "American Dream". I have first hand knowledge of this. I was on that road when my son was born 2 years ago. I spent 70+hrs/wk away from home building that image and that was all it was. I am now a single father with shared custody of my son. I made the choice to leave corporate America because I didn't want to become one of these people. I have to admit that I suffer from the pride issues but last night validated my decision to leave. I had to rush my son to the hospital because he couldn't breath. From 11pm-7am I had him tested and all turned out good-thank God. I'm with my son around the clock. He crys- I'm here, He's hungry-I'm here, wants to play-I'm here, his mother-read the above. I may not be making the cash that I was but when my son says da da, I am here- thats success!

YardPro
12-16-2004, 05:45 PM
good post.
i also agree that family is the most important thing. money is important, but do you neglect your family just so you can drive a new mercedes???
i think there should be a balance. for sure.
a 7 year old deos not give a rats patooie for anything except the attention of the two people that mean the most to them.

out4now
12-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Success is what it means to you. Everyone has a different bar they measure it by. I'd say you're already there, you seem to be satisfied with life overall. I've met people that have a lot of material junk and they are the most miserable complaining bunch. We all want stuff, but it doesn't meen success just status. Anyway a wise man once said a rich man can pass the eye of a needle easier than enter heaven.

launboy
12-16-2004, 05:51 PM
a mans sucess isn't always determined by the cars he drives, the mansion he lives or the super model he is shaggin'. as long as he has a roof over his head someone to love and love him back and the most important thing is if that man can say that he is happy.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-16-2004, 05:58 PM
Success is when you have the freedom to do what you want when you want. Also known as being happy. It is not about the $$$.

K.Carothers
12-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Success is when you have the freedom to do what you want when you want. Also known as being happy. It is not about the $$$.

Amen! I think all of us in this business sometimes overlook that we do have freedom. I'm not saying we don't have tough weeks but when push comes to shove the freedom is there.

bobbygedd
12-16-2004, 06:07 PM
i'm just glad to be here......happy to be alive. success= a swimming pool, a good wife, two beautiful sons, a boat, a racing form , a weider bench with leg/curl attachment, a mullet, and enough beer to drown a small village

Fantasy Lawns
12-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Coastal .... You got that one right

oldturf
12-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Drivin my Toro and smellin the new mown grass or sailing my sailboat with out a care in the world and a glass of wine.I didn't know that I was succesful until now! Thanks