PDA

View Full Version : New mower advice

zamboni
12-16-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm in the market for a nem mower. I presently have a toro 44 hydro. with a proslide. I cut 30 lawns/wk with enough work to expand bigtime. All my customers are med. size resi. with 4 1-acre resis. The toro isn't fast enough for my proslide(15 hp kohler) As many of you are full time part timers, speed, quality and ease of operation are equally important. As already steady above I can easily go up to 50/wk with the right mower. I'm interested in the HUSTLER super mini Z, smaller walker, exmark smaller Z and the toro version of the walker. It must have a good bagging system. Your feedback is highly valued!

Travis Followell
12-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Look at Ferris and Dixie Chopper. Ferris has independent suspension on their mowers for a smooth ride and also they claim to have the most powerful bagging system on the market. Dixie's are also good mowers. They have a great cut and some great features that no other mowers have and aren't any more expensive. The Hustlers are also good also. It really comes down to which one you like the best, not what everyone else likes the best. Demo the machines you are interested in and get the one that fits your needs the best. The dealer is also important. Be sure they stock common parts and have a good service dept before you buy from them. Thats my advice to you.

zamboni
12-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the advice. I notice that you have a STIHL 4 mix memo at the bottom of your message. I purchased one last year with the weed wacker and artic. head trimmer attachment. The best purchase I ever made. I will actually advertise for more hedge trimming work for next year if you can believe it.

stevesmowing
12-16-2004, 07:18 PM
I have the hustler super z 27hp kohler with a 60" deck. Its awesome. Even on lawns that are between 1/2 and 1/3 acre. Paid $7000 plus tax. It was a demo unit with 50 hours on it.