PDA

View Full Version : No Soliciting

Wells
12-16-2004, 10:27 PM
No Soliciting.......When you're passing out fliers and come across that sign on the door do you skip the house or do you leave you flier anyway?

Do you take no soliciting to mean don't knock on the door and bother us but fliers and door-hangers are alright, or don't knock on the door and don't leave any materials?

I generally won't leave a flier if I see the no soliciting sign but I just want to get a better understanding of what everyone else does and why.

1MajorTom
12-16-2004, 10:38 PM
When I went to the library and got a reference book of all addresses I wanted to target, some names and addresses were detonated with astericks. One asterick meant "no mail", two astericks meant "no phone calls", and three astericks meant that they wanted neither. I took it seriously, and decided I better not target these.
So to answer your question, yes I would pass anyone by that had a "no solicitation" sign on their gate. I would not leave a flier.

mcclureandson
12-16-2004, 10:42 PM
But what about an entire neighborhood? I've seen several in my area with small "no solicitation" signs at the entry...

lawnman_scott
12-16-2004, 10:52 PM
But what about an entire neighborhood? I've seen several in my area with small "no solicitation" signs at the entry...
Then dont get caught soliciting.

out4now
12-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Wouldn't do it. If they see you working and are interested they will approach you or ask their neighbor before they give much mind to a flyer anyway. Think of it from their perspective, would you want to come home to a bunch of flyers on your front door when you put out a sign to prevent that? Let word of mouth build advertising up for you.

mtdman
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Skip the no soliciting houses.

SCAG POWER
12-17-2004, 06:13 AM
From a business stand point if you were cold calling an office park looking for business, you would be nuts to pass that sign up. Here is the reason back when i sold copiers door to door these signs represented a person that could be sold.I had several customers who use to have those signs on there business.

For neighborhoods , i would go to the tax records and look up only the address that you want to target, this way you can pick and choose who you want as customers, then after your mailing drive through , with your equipment during the evening hours and see if you can get any on interested payup :gunsfirin

rodfather
12-17-2004, 08:16 AM
I would respect their wish and move on.

Garden Panzer
12-17-2004, 09:02 AM
no way...
you'll get nuthin' in life if you don't ask... bang on the door, hand 'em a flyer, and make them sign a contract...if they complain threaten them. flyer away, I say...

tonygreek
12-17-2004, 09:05 AM
be sure that the town allows door-to-door anything. my suburb of dayton does not allow non-political yard signs of any form. the homeowner is fined if one appears.

as for flyers, those are banned as well. if you leave a flyer, you will be warned by the police. if you drop one off at another house, you are arrested. this also applies to door-to-door sales/prospecting, with a twist: you must pick up a list of "do not disturb" residents. if you knock, and the police are notified, you are warned. do it again, and you are arrested. i see guys in the crime section just about every week listed for these arrests.

sildoc
12-17-2004, 12:50 PM
My first year I skipped all no solicitation signs and kept on moving. Last year I had the paper kid put up door hangers as he did his route. Paid him 50 bucks for a 1000 flyers to be handed out. He put them on every door in the area that I told him to. There were 10 or more calls that I went to give estimates to that had no solicitation on the door. I landed all 10 since most other LCO's skipped over them. I have found that in older neighborhoods that a previous owner put the sign up and the new owner just did not want to rip it off the door or wall.
I will put a flyer up regardless what it says, I will deal with the person complaining later. Like they say it is better to ask for forgivness than ask for permission.

bobbygedd
12-17-2004, 01:30 PM
i would throw eggs at thier door