PDA

View Full Version : I am bored to death

mtdman
12-17-2004, 03:09 AM
I've been done working for about a week. I've been basically veggin' on the couch since then, not doing anything. I've watched all the movies I wanted to watch over the summer. I've caught up on all my lazy time. I even did all my pre-tax stuff. Now I'm bored to death. Thought about getting a part time job, as my wife suggested, but I hate working for other people. Went for a walk and worked out a couple times. Maybe it will snow soon. I'm going to go crazy this winter.

promower
12-17-2004, 04:34 AM
Tell me about it, I thought I would been out plowing at least once by now. I deliver pizza about 15 hours a week so that breaks up a few of my days. My sleep schedule is all screwed up to. :cry:

tiedeman
12-17-2004, 06:06 AM
I know what you mean by the sleep schedule. I am now on my "snow removal" and "stay up late watch good movies schedule."

I actually can not wait until the season starts up. The only thing I am not looking towards is the spring clean ups for the snow plows and I feel they will be horrible this year. The reason being is that we received a lot of snow while the ground was still very soft and not frozen

mtdman
12-17-2004, 07:11 AM
I am glad to know I'm not the only one with a screwed up sleep schedule.

:D

GreenQuest Lawn
12-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Hey guys, as a wonderful guy I am offering a mentoring service this winter. See I have lots of remodeling, painting, walls, ect to do in my house and shop and would like to mentor someone on home improvement. You may even be able to learn proper sidewalk shoveling, loading salt, and cleaning the business truck skills. Just think this is like going to school for FREE!!! Let me know if you are interested........ :p

WAY to busy here!!! :dizzy:

NickN
12-17-2004, 09:00 AM
You guys have got to be kidding.Come to my house.Our youngest(2nd child) just turned one year old yesterday.In to everything.We constantly have to run behind him to make sure he doesn't get hurt.
Our 3rd child is due any moment,even though my wife had her tubes tied the day after we had child #2.So,now we'll have two toddlers running around at the same time.
If you're bored,I'll pay for your plane ticket to come help with the kids.I'll guarantee you won't be bored anymore.You'll just be glad to get a little sleep.
Enjoy your free time. :help:

rodfather
12-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Screwed up sleep schedule? Me too, and I'm loving every minute of it :D

bblawncareprofessionals
12-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Normally if a wife gets pregnant and the man had "his" tubes cut, you start suspecting the neighbors "know" your wife a little too good. Does that mean if she had "hers" tied, she's suspecting YOU "know" the neighbors too good? ;)

bobbygedd
12-17-2004, 10:53 AM
go to the track. it's fun

1MajorTom
12-17-2004, 10:59 AM
go to the track. it's fun

When I think of the track, I think of old fat bald guys sitting around smoking cigars. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.. :sleeping:

captaingreen
12-17-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm about ready to flip out. I've been working a few hours a week lately and doing some office/paperwork stuff, and I can't stand it. I wish tommorow was March 1st and I could start my prune/mulch schedule. My wife says I'm becoming increasingly moody and may possibly have ADD as I can't sit still for more than 20 minutes, beggining to wonder if she is right. I've thought about getting a part time job, but the stuff in our classified section doesn't look like anything I would do, mostly office/clerical or late night factory stuff. Yes boys, winter sucks, I wish it would snow at least a few times a week so I would have something to do. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

out4now
12-17-2004, 11:03 AM
When I think of the track, I think of old fat bald guys sitting around smoking cigars. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.. :sleeping:

Sure it is didn't you see the movie Uncle Buck ?

Become a snowbird and spend some time and $ in AZ. We could always use another person driving 10 miles under the speed limit and trying to read a map and drive at the same time. :p

work_it
12-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I just got a call for a 1 acre leaf removal, and finished a 1 acre leaf removal yesterday. Can't believe the calls are still comming in, but not complaining either. I just have to make sure I get done before the snow comes on Saturday night.

AL Inc
12-17-2004, 11:10 AM
We're still doing leaf clean-ups and getting plows ready. Should be wrapped up by next week. Having 2-3 months off in the winter is a big reason why I got into this business! I love winter! I plan on doing as little as possible!

Norm Al
12-17-2004, 11:18 AM
GO RIDE SOMETHING:)

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/videos/0,20898,,00.html

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/content/images/mar04/033104jaime5sm.jpg

launboy
12-17-2004, 11:22 AM
ya i here ya guys, im so bored i cant stand it. december usually isn't so bad, the christmas season kind of brightens things up, but after christmas the winter seems to just drag on. it sucks. Got into the stock market a little bit, found some good stocks to make money on. we don't have a track, but we do have 5 offshore gambleing facilities 10 min away, so i got that going for me, which is nice. payup

grassman2001
12-17-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm off to Vegas the day after Christmas

Norm Al
12-17-2004, 11:48 AM
Japanese 'lap pillow' offers solace to lonely men
$90 pillow comes with one red and one black skirt

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041215/041215_lappillow_hmed_8a.hmedium.jpg

Updated: 11:18 a.m. ET Dec. 15, 2004

"TOKYO - Single or lonely Japanese men may get lucky this Christmas.

One popular item for holiday shoppers is the “lap pillow,” with skin-coloured polyurethene calves folded under soft thighs -- a comfy cushion for napping, reading or watching television.

The 9,429 yen ($90) pillow, which comes with one red and one black skirt, went on sale in late November and maker Trane Co Ltd says shipments have reached 3,000 in just a few weeks.

“We created this item to help tired people relax,” said Makoto Igarashi, Trane’s managing director.

Care was taken with details such as the softness of the thighs, panty lines on the pillow’s “backside” and wrinkles in the lap of the skirt so as to make the pillow look and feel as real as possible.

“We thought our main customers would be men in their 20s, but even men in their 60s are buying it,” Igarashi said.

At stores, lap pillows gather crowds where people poke and pry at the foam legs.

“I think this may be good for single men, but it could cause trouble for someone who is married,” said Shingo Shibata, a 27-year-old company employee browsing at a toy store which sells the pillow.

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters."

Smithers
12-17-2004, 11:52 AM
I am bored out of my mind too.....i will start to build me a workbench in the garage...I have started to price out the 2x4's.

Norm Al
12-17-2004, 12:38 PM
in our boredom why dont we figure out something cool to do for the woman in our lives on a friday night! just remember tho taking a weekly shower may be involved!:)

twins_lawn_care
12-17-2004, 01:05 PM
GO RIDE SOMETHING:)

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/videos/0,20898,,00.html

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/content/images/mar04/033104jaime5sm.jpg

I like the fact you gave us a choice! :p

The C Man
12-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Not trying to pick on anyone, but don't you have hobbies that keep you occupied? I mean anything - stamp collecting, listening or playing music, learning to make web pages.... anything.

tiedeman
12-17-2004, 07:43 PM
my hobby is getting fat. But seriously I went and bowled a few games today

tiedeman
12-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Sure it is didn't you see the movie Uncle Buck ?

Become a snowbird and spend some time and $ in AZ. We could always use another person driving 10 miles under the speed limit and trying to read a map and drive at the same time. :p

hey, I stayed up last night to watch that movie

HOOLIE
12-17-2004, 07:54 PM
my hobby is getting fat. But seriously I went and bowled a few games today

Yeah, I haven't done any bowling lately. Right now its $8.99 weeknights from 9pm - midnite, all you can bowl (but not all you can drink :angry: )

tiedeman
12-17-2004, 08:17 PM
thats a really good deal. Its either $2 per game before 5pm, $4 after or the other option is $10 per hour before 5pm and $8 per hour after 5pm.

Evan528
12-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Im not a big fan of winter either. I laid off my employees about 2 weeks ago and have been working 2 or 3 days a week since finishing a few cleanups and some odds and ends for clients. I had planned on rehabbing a forclosed home I came across during the winter but unfortunatly that deal fell through. Looks like it will be the usual winter again.....sleep in...stay up late, drink a few beers and a few home improvments if I can think of anything else that needs doing around here.

I was thinking about the whole part time job idea also but the more I thought about it the less apealing it seemed. Im not sure how motivated I could stay working 5 days a week for what I would make in a day working for myself and having a boss to answer too.

Todd, your offer dosnt sound all that bad. It would keep me occupied and give me a change in scenery. :help:

lqmustang
12-17-2004, 08:39 PM
I am enjoying the break, and have no trouble filling a day. I work out 3 days a week, have 3 kids that I get to spend more time with now that I am home. There are a couple small home projects that I need to do, not to mention getting everything in order for tax time. Also getting ready to take my pesticide license tests. Hoping also that is snows at some point so I can do something that brings in some cash instead of so many things that take it.

Sir mowsalot
12-17-2004, 08:44 PM
I just had my fifth child, and yes they are all mine and my wifes. He was born 1 pound 7 oz. on aug. 3rd. he is now up to 8 pounds and doing great. Glory to the lord. Still i get so bored. Im thinking about joining the family to the ymca and doing some swimming this winter.

mtdman
12-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Not trying to pick on anyone, but don't you have hobbies that keep you occupied? I mean anything - stamp collecting, listening or playing music, learning to make web pages.... anything.

Nope. That's why I'm so bored.
:D

RedWingsDet
12-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Japanese 'lap pillow' offers solace to lonely men
$90 pillow comes with one red and one black skirt

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041215/041215_lappillow_hmed_8a.hmedium.jpg

Updated: 11:18 a.m. ET Dec. 15, 2004

"TOKYO - Single or lonely Japanese men may get lucky this Christmas.

One popular item for holiday shoppers is the “lap pillow,” with skin-coloured polyurethene calves folded under soft thighs -- a comfy cushion for napping, reading or watching television.

The 9,429 yen ($90) pillow, which comes with one red and one black skirt, went on sale in late November and maker Trane Co Ltd says shipments have reached 3,000 in just a few weeks.

“We created this item to help tired people relax,” said Makoto Igarashi, Trane’s managing director.

Care was taken with details such as the softness of the thighs, panty lines on the pillow’s “backside” and wrinkles in the lap of the skirt so as to make the pillow look and feel as real as possible.

“We thought our main customers would be men in their 20s, but even men in their 60s are buying it,” Igarashi said.

At stores, lap pillows gather crowds where people poke and pry at the foam legs.

“I think this may be good for single men, but it could cause trouble for someone who is married,” said Shingo Shibata, a 27-year-old company employee browsing at a toy store which sells the pillow.

Copyright 2004 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters."

LOL I read that in school today... get it from the BBC aye? lol that is tooo funny. kind of scary too!

GreenQuest Lawn
12-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Come on over Evan, you are welcome anytime, :) We have room for guests now! We stay constantly busy with the two kids now, I promised my son I would take him snowboarding more this winter, and with the 10 month old, all of our free time is spent with them.(don't get me wrong, I am happy we get more time in the winter)

I seriously could stay busy every day, all day, all winter, and still not be done. Then again, what would I do if I was all caught up..............I try not to work too hard in the winter.