PDA

View Full Version : Thanks guys!

meathead1134
12-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Well with my first season under my belt. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I have learned numerous things this year. 1 be accountable for your work and show up on time. 2 Let your work speak for itself. I have picked up several customers this year due to the fact that their last LCO guy didn't show up on a regular basis. I take pride in my work and it is starting to pay off. I did a fall cleanup for this one couple they said "the yard looks so peaceful" I never heard that before. I didn't dig myself into debt. I have bought what I needed this year and plan on adding a few more pieces of equipment next season. I plan on being around for years to come. I really enjoyed being my own boss. I am going to take more pictures of my work so I can post them up here in the spring. I have also learned that ther are some people on this board that think that they are the greatest thing since slicebread. On the flip side there are people on this board that are willing to help a new guy out with questions. I have dropped all of the homeowner crap for equipment. I currently run JD walk behind and echo trimmers and blower. I am still small and will grow slowly so I can eventually due this on a full time basis. Once again thanks guys for all of the help. I have enclosed my first thread and boy have I learned alot. I have also learned that there must be something drastically wrong with the water in NJ :dizzy: Have a safe winter and I can't wait to get going again in the spring!! :drinkup: :drinkup: Now it's time to break out the skies and head to a few different resorts in VT :waving: :waving:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=67149&highlight=young+guy+town

packerbacker
12-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Congrats, the first year is always the hardest. But stick to your plan of being customer oriented, do what your supposed to do and everything falls into place.

out4now
12-17-2004, 01:43 PM
Congrats on the 1 year mark. :drinkup:

YardPro
12-17-2004, 01:57 PM
congrats.
only two more to go and you'll be over the hump. the sailing smoothes out then.

meathead1134
12-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Thank you, I know I'm still small but I will continue to grow and someday I will go full time I can't wait for that day.My goal is customer satisfaction. I also learned, do what the customer asks and spend time with them give them ideas. It has worked for me so far

blair smock
12-17-2004, 06:25 PM
I started pulling a 6x8 trailer with a mini van, If your work is good and you care about what your finished product that is all that matters. Equipment will always be there-