PDA

View Full Version : New Product for Irrigation Market

Compact Equipment Guy
12-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Ok Guys, Im looking for some ideas here. I would like some input on a machine that you feel the Irrigation market is lacking. This could be a redesign of a current machine or a totaly new concept. Something that would make your job easier and more proffitable. Resources are not an issue so dont hold back!!
Let the ideas flow............

CEG

TClawn
12-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I would say a trencher that would lay down landscape fabric as you trenched were the dirt exited it.

this would be of great benefit to me on props that have existing lawns in. I would no longer have to lay out tarps on the ground before I trenched.

ALTERAIN
12-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Take a good long hard look at the vermeer lm25. Now.......a wire spool that reel e works, a quick attachment on plow that would assist in the excavating of valve box holes./ tamping plate. If I was only a share holder I would come up with so many more.

Planter
12-17-2004, 11:26 PM
A fitting that will screw onto PVC or poly to take the palce of a tee or saddle. Something that doesn't need a bunch of tools or pressing. If you cut a small hole in it with a hole cutter like you use of poly saddles and then just twisted the fitting in by hand to make the service tee. Pop on a swing elbow, funny pipe and complete the swing pipe for a head. I think that would save a lot of time and make everyone more profitable. I personnally hate cutting my PVC lines and gluing the tee on.

The saddles for ploy are great, but drilling in a small hole and threading the tee by hand would increase my production.

activelandscaping
12-18-2004, 12:17 AM
I would like to see a Vibe. Plow/Trencher that the wheels could be moved in or out on the fly. This would allow for much greater stability along slopes, while still being able to get through gates, something around the size of a Burkeen-30B. Please let me know if you prototype one, I would love to test it. :D

Regards,
Active

The Yard Barber, Inc.
12-19-2004, 12:55 AM
a trencher that would dig, then after you put the pipe, heads, wire and valves down would fill them back in so you dont have to rake. This is not so bad to do when there it no lawn but when there is already a lawn present, all you get is dead grass when you rake

stumper1620
12-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Ok Guys, Im looking for some ideas here. I would like some input on a machine that you feel the Irrigation market is lacking. This could be a redesign of a current machine or a totaly new concept. Something that would make your job easier and more proffitable. Resources are not an issue so dont hold back!!
Let the ideas flow............

CEG
a metal sensor with a flashing light and alarm mounted on front of machine to sense unmarked cable & telephone wires or any other shallow things we may hit before hitting them, also a flashing light with a remote controlled switch so the person handling the pipe roll can let you know if you lose the pipe without screaming their lungs out.something that would turn the light & a buzzer on when the house or a shed is between the beginning of the pull and the machine. ( a remote similar to a auto remote,push the button & i know to stop pulling) these 2 are a big extra waste of time when they happen.