PDA

View Full Version : Searching for insurance

TURF BUDDY
12-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get insurance (reasonable) to cover lawn applications and pest control service. If so what is the cost and coverage thanks

James Cormier
12-17-2004, 03:25 PM
Your local agent that you use for your buisness insurance should be able to answer all your questions on insurance.

qps
12-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Anyone know of a good place to get insurance (reasonable) to cover lawn applications and pest control service. If so what is the cost and coverage thanks

I have used Erie for over ten years. good company to work with.

T Edwards
12-17-2004, 09:51 PM
I've read on this board several times that Erie has good rates, but that's not the most important part of choosing a policy. Do they cover claims adequately and in a timely manner? I think we are all interested in this.

AssuredServicesCo
12-17-2004, 10:13 PM
www.hortica-insurance.com sells a pesticide/herbicide applicators policy. Rock On.

Evan528
12-17-2004, 10:20 PM
Erie does have the cheapsest rates around. They will pay a claim but then will drop you like a hot patato. My buddy (another LCO) received a cancellation letter from Erie today for his auto insurance after making just one $5,000 claim in the 4 years he has been using Erie. I guess thats how they can afford to keep there premiums low....1 claim and your out the door.

I use Erie for every from my auto insurance to my home owners insurance mainly because of there rates (50% cheaper then the competition I looked into). I have filed one claim with them in 3 years wich was due to hitting a dear. They coverd the claim and everything went smoothly. Had the accident have been my fought im sure they would have dropped me like there famous for doing. :realmad:

qps
12-17-2004, 11:22 PM
I've read on this board several times that Erie has good rates, but that's not the most important part of choosing a policy. Do they cover claims adequately and in a timely manner? I think we are all interested in this.

I have had three or four claims over the years and no rate increases or cancelations due to claims. they do a good job for me.

goforgreen2
12-19-2004, 01:14 AM
Check out some Green Industry publications, usually they will have several agencies that specialize in our type of insurance.

TURF BUDDY
12-19-2004, 01:57 AM
thanks guys, Most insurance companies that I have talk to wouldn't cover me when I mentioned commercial applicator. I had one tell me no less than 1500.00 a year. Is this the average cost, or what? I am curious what others are paying. thanks

cemars
12-19-2004, 06:03 PM
thanks guys, Most insurance companies that I have talk to wouldn't cover me when I mentioned commercial applicator. I had one tell me no less than 1500.00 a year. Is this the average cost, or what? I am curious what others are paying. thanks

Different companies base rates on different things. I use Erie which bases rates for liability insurance on the number of employees. Other factors such as location, claim history, employee training, and exactly what type (or types) of work you do will also come into play. I gross over $600,000 a year and pay less than $1500.00 through Erie, but we have never had a claim and have ongoing safety training for employees. I would definitely recommend Erie, another company worth checking out is Weisburger, they specialize in the green industry but could'nt compete with the rates I get from Erie.

Gene $immons
12-19-2004, 10:47 PM
I'll tell you who not to use

Safeco

sjj14
12-20-2004, 03:46 PM
my Insurance guy fond a policy for $500,000 for $850 a year. Erie was cheaper but would not accept me due to lack of "history". I have been licensed for 15 years but only recently started my own operations.Previously employed by country clubs. Erie wantd to see three years of history before they would accept me and I will be starting my third this year. My carrier is Scottsdale ins. ive nevere made a claim but the price is reasonalble until i have the history to go get other quotes.

MrBarefoot
12-24-2004, 11:09 AM
We use Scottsdale also. I find them to be competitive but we have yet to make a claim.