PDA

View Full Version : Kubota zd21 60'' cut?

49lw
12-17-2004, 06:00 PM
I was just wondering if if the GCKU & GCKUXL was the accelertor for my kubota zd21 60" cut, I know its not the zdpro deck, but not sure if its the stamped deck or not. If anyone knows let me know. Thanks!!

PeterA
12-17-2004, 08:36 PM
If you don't have the new pro deck (check this link to see the pro deck: http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/mower%20models/Kubota.htm ) you have the stamped deck. GCKU or GCKUXL should fit your machine.

ksquail
12-30-2004, 10:59 AM
I was just wondering if if the GCKU & GCKUXL was the accelertor for my kubota zd21 60" cut, I know its not the zdpro deck, but not sure if its the stamped deck or not. If anyone knows let me know. Thanks!!

Can you tell me how you like that Kubota ZD21 60"? I've been looking at buying that unit. I know Kubota is a little late in getting into the zt game but I've found that Kubota items are really built well.

PeterA
12-30-2004, 01:52 PM
I have not had a lot of feedback from customers who have the Kubota 60 inch Pro, but what I have had has all been good. You might try a post in the general Lawnsite forum and see what people say.

49lw
01-04-2005, 02:19 PM
I like my Kubota. I havent had any trouble with it so far. I have around 300 hours on it. I think its built as good as any of the others and alot better than most of the cheap ones. I dont have the pro deck, it wasnt offered til a year after I got it. I really like the looks of it.

kubotazd21
01-06-2005, 11:53 PM
I have owned a total of 4 kubota zd mowers. 1 72 inch cut and 3 60 inch cuts. First off i can say they are excellent mowers. 72 inch cut does not cut as good as the 60 inch cut, but still does a good job. They hold 8 gallons of diesel, and I have never ran out in 1 day. You can mow 12 hours easy on 1 tank of fuel. I did have some hydro problems with my first one a 60 inch the very first year they came out, which was covered by warranty, but other than that no problems....

shortgut
01-09-2005, 04:40 AM
I have a Kubota zd 28 -60 " pro deck with a speed increaser kit insatlled in the gear box on the mower deck it is a great mower I ddi have a zd 18-54 steel stamped deck not recomed for commerical use unlees you mow property every other day I did not want to get into another underpoweredproblem like I did with the zd18 . Good luck

lpaton
05-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Can you tell me how you like that Kubota ZD21 60"? I've been looking at buying that unit. I know Kubota is a little late in getting into the zt game but I've found that Kubota items are really built well.

I purchase a ZD21/60 when Kubota first offered it, and loved it from the start BUT...It was a pre ROP model and I had to install the Kubota ROP six months later, not a problem installing it, Good thing to. You may note that there is no brake on the ZD21, just a parking brake and that doesn't work in emergencies. Don't expect to use this machine on hills as its dangerous especially on wet grass. One other thing, you have to start the machine with the brake on and the tiller bars fully spread apart. If you are on a hill and try to start the mower in motion you have to release the brake and pull in the tiller bars, anything other that that the engine turns off. It's a very award process and a bad design, I have rolled backwards into a ditch and completely upset the machine, left hanging from the seat belt. Also the hydrostatic transmission is very sensitive to failure, mine failed after only three years of service.

greene's rcwy
05-12-2005, 02:45 PM
What is a speed increaser kit for the ZD21 and where do you get one? I just purchased a ZD2160 pro and it is great except for some lines it seems to leave when mowing. I haven't figured out if the deck is uneven or a blade is bent.

shortgut
05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
What is a speed increaser kit for the ZD21 and where do you get one? I just purchased a ZD2160 pro and it is great except for some lines it seems to leave when mowing. I haven't figured out if the deck is uneven or a blade is bent.
it is a option that is avaiable from Kubota dealer it increases the speedof the blades not for sure of howmuch it cost because it was figured in as part of the deal

kubotazd21
05-13-2005, 12:21 AM
I have 2 zd 21 60 inch cut, both of my mowers have the same line that you are speaking of. If you are on the mower its on the left side. I believe when the zd kubota mowers came out in 2001 the high speed gear kit was a option. I am pretty sure they come installed from the factory..

shortgut
05-13-2005, 07:12 AM
I have 2 zd 21 60 inch cut, both of my mowers have the same line that you are speaking of. If you are on the mower its on the left side. I believe when the zd kubota mowers came out in 2001 the high speed gear kit was a option. I am pretty sure they come installed from the factory..
When I bought my ZD 28 in July 2004 it was still a option that is what the dealer told me and then when I had the 50 hr service done it had adifferent deck gear box on the mower