PDA

View Full Version : Exmark weights?

captaingreen
12-17-2004, 07:07 PM
Anyone know where I can get some weights for the front end of my TTHP, the front keeps popping up in the air on slopes. I talked to me dealer and he said they sell them for $70, no way I'm gonna pay that for a problem I shouldn't even be having, almost wish I had bought another Scag instead of this thing.

beransfixitinc
12-17-2004, 09:00 PM
Those will only net you about 19 pounds to your front. Why not find you a couple of sandbags and strap em to the front? Are you using a sulky?

Fareway Lawncare
12-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Do it Right & Pay the $70 or have a Fabricator do it For $45 ?!

Lighter Front End is One of the Major Benefits of the TracerHP but if You Don't Like it it's easy to fiX !

out4now
12-17-2004, 09:50 PM
Had same problem with a Deere tractor with ridiculously heavy collection unit. Tipped every time you'd dump it. Had a box welded up and bolted to the frame and added old lead tire weights to fill it up. Worked fine after that.

Fareway Lawncare
12-17-2004, 09:54 PM
You Could Have just Used the Matching Green Deere Tractor Weights on the JD !?!

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29977&stc=1

captaingreen
12-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Do it Right & Pay the $70 or have a Fabricator do it For $45 ?!

Lighter Front End is One of the Major Benefits of the TracerHP but if You Don't Like it it's easy to fiX !
How is a lighter front end beneficial? ;)

ElephantNest
12-17-2004, 10:19 PM
Answer the question. Do you use a sulky?

The front end being light is great for lifting it easily on the move for roots, borders, curbs, etc. Easy to pop it up for changing blades, untangling string/wire/rope/bags/ etc. from around the shaft and blades. That's just a couple of reasons.

I've never felt the need for weights on my TTHP, and would not want them even if they were free. Mine set up with the two wheeled jungle wheels is perfect, I can back up at full speed in an instant, go full speed in 5th gear with ease, and it's silly (IMO) to even have a walk behind without one of some sort.

captaingreen
12-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Answer the question. Do you use a sulky?

The front end being light is great for lifting it easily on the move for roots, borders, curbs, etc. Easy to pop it up for changing blades, untangling string/wire/rope/bags/ etc. from around the shaft and blades. That's just a couple of reasons.

I've never felt the need for weights on my TTHP, and would not want them even if they were free. Mine set up with the two wheeled jungle wheels is perfect, I can back up at full speed in an instant, go full speed in 5th gear with ease, and it's silly (IMO) to even have a walk behind without one of some sort.
Sorry about not answering the question. Yes I do have a sulky which obviously worsens the front coming up, however, my last wb (scag belt 48) didn't do that. Don't get me wrong, as I said before Exmark has a great machine, but the deck coming up so easily sucks when you're mowing hilly properties. I never had difficulty lifting up a mower that didn't have this problem. My question to you is how do you evenly mow a hilly prop. without the deck coming up and leaving high spots of turf, that is my complaint.

out4now
12-18-2004, 12:26 AM
You Could Have just Used the Matching Green Deere Tractor Weights on the JD !?!

http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29977&stc=1

No we couldn't. The school district is stupid when it comes to stuf like that. They wouldn't pay for it and we already had the other stuff laying around so they welder/shop teacher was nice enough to put it to together for us.

LawnScapers of Dayton
12-18-2004, 09:10 AM
When I was using a sulky with my Toro 48" I wrapped two sets of ankle weights around the front caster arms. Solved the problem for $15.00....

Derek

Fareway Lawncare
12-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Weight May be Necessary if you're Running a Sulky on Hills....I use the TracerHP's Like 21"s...Walk Behind Them & Popping the Decks while Cutting to Avoid Scalping @ Lower Settings.

MTR
12-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Anyone know where I can get some weights for the front end of my TTHP, the front keeps popping up in the air on slopes. I talked to me dealer and he said they sell them for $70, no way I'm gonna pay that for a problem I shouldn't even be having, almost wish I had bought another Scag instead of this thing.

Your wish to run Scag may be real..do you want to sell your TTHP? Let me know the detail, deck size, engine, how many hours, conditions. PM me when you don't want your TTHP.

Thanks