PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane SS

Mr Mow It All
01-25-2001, 10:13 AM
I've run scag and exmark mowers for years. I just purchased a Great Dane Super Surfer 52inch 22h.p. kohler on it. This seems like a great concept for mowing small to medium size acccounts which would normally object to a rider on them. I was just wondering is there a fatigue level after a certain time of standing all day and if this would be a good mower for acres? Thanks for your help guys!

watatrp
01-25-2001, 10:39 AM
I used my SS all last season. It doesn't seem to be that bad to use for periods of an hour or so. Most of my stops are less than an hour of mowing. Legs seem to get a little rubbery when hopping off after two or more hours on it.

lawngirlfl
01-25-2001, 02:13 PM
we use ours for 30 lawns a day and love it

watatrp
01-25-2001, 02:18 PM
lawngirlfl, How many units do you have? Do you have the SS? Did you get them after all the updates or before? Was wondering if you had any problems with mowing when you run parallel on a slope?

lawngirlfl
01-25-2001, 04:42 PM
we have one unit purchased after the updates. it is not the ss. only problems on slopes is with balding tires. keep good tread and you will minimize trouble.

watatrp
01-25-2001, 04:44 PM
My problem is more with the hydros. It seems that when one side is low it seems to run low on fluid and bogs down. I'm trying to determine if it's all the new Super Surfers or just my unit.

Mark
02-01-2001, 01:08 AM
If you revesivor is full, and your pumps are working right. Ive never heard of this before. Maybe you roller bearings need adjusted.