PDA

View Full Version : Country Clipper Mowers???

Creative Lawn Care
12-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Local shop just got in some new mowers. They are country clippers. Any of you guys have expiriance with them? I looked at a 25 horse 52 inch unit ($6199) with a joystick drive instead of two handles like my exmark. They looked like a pretty tough mower, although I dont think I would like the one handed joystick drive thing. The thing that impressed me most was the collection system. It was a dump from the seat piggy back system but it was driven by a pulley/belt on the motor not on the deck. That would help to not slow down the blade speed so much and also the hose could be used to clean out beds with only the engine running not the deck. So whats your opinions?

Creative Lawn Care
12-19-2004, 07:39 AM
So nobody has one or has used one?

Soupy
12-19-2004, 07:58 AM
This is the 154 threads I found doing a quick search for you. http://lawnsite.com/search.php?searchid=115670

Envy Lawn Service
12-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Impressive mowers in my opinion.
They can get you one with twin sticks.

Travis Followell
12-19-2004, 03:51 PM
IMO, there are better choices. I'm sure there are people that like them but i'm not one of them.

Envy Lawn Service
12-19-2004, 10:23 PM
IMO, there are better choices. I'm sure there are people that like them but i'm not one of them.
Why not Travis? I know you are not afraid to be honest about equipment, so by all means, elaborate....

I only have a little bit of personal experience.

Travis Followell
12-20-2004, 06:58 AM
I think there ugly. They look a lot different than most other ztr's and I don't like that single joystick control but i'm saying that and never used one. I realize thats a silly answer but there just some mowers that I don't like for no reason. I guess part of it is there's no dealer around and come to think of it i've never even seen one, just on their website. I'm sure they are good mowers though.

Green King
12-21-2004, 10:20 AM
There are several of these being used around here. They seemed to have taken over and ruined the silver eagle market here. The guys I have talked to like them most of them are running a 20hp 52" Jazee model!