PDA

View Full Version : Start up lawn care

MGB Guy
12-18-2004, 10:42 PM
I recently obtained my pesticide use license and I am going to start doing lawn care. I would just like to know what everyone is using as the start up for yards for basic lawn fertilization. Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated.

DLS1
12-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Easiest way to start is go to your local Lesco dealer and they will recommend a program for your area.

Ecobjs
12-19-2004, 12:31 PM
I agree that is the fastest way to get started. Also talk to your Extension office and see what material they have. Also Make sure that the Lesco program is for your area, as it is my understanding that they have different programs of different parts of the country. Also let them know what types of grasses you treat as this will have the greatest impact on your program.

Randy J
12-19-2004, 01:25 PM
You might want to consider selling your potential customers on soil testing. That can be done for a minimal cost, and that way you can design the proper fertilization program for their lawn. The soil test is inexpensive enough that you may want to do it for "free", instead building in the cost with your fert application fees. Every customer likes to get something for free, and you make them feel special, having a treatment program custom designed for their lawn. Talk about looking professional!