PDA

View Full Version : Wanted a Perma Green now I am SCARED!

J Hisch
12-18-2004, 11:04 PM
I wanted a Perma Green last year and came really close to getting one, but after seeing some of the comments made here I am really scared. I almost feel I am better off the old fashion way. However, it is so hard to tackle larger properties. I did get to see Lawn Doctors set up and man do they look good. Any one have any suggestions? Take a chance or keep it the old fashion way?

E-9 Lawncare
12-18-2004, 11:19 PM
Have you ever used a PG? I have pushed and used the PG, and I really don't want to push a lawn again unless I have to. I'd wait a little bit and see how the new model Magnum does before deciding whether to buy or not. That's what I'm going to do. I keep reading about the Z-Spray, and I'm waiting on an info pak from them.

What's the Lawn Doctor's setup? I've always watched them push, but they're franchised...

kickin sum grass
12-18-2004, 11:24 PM
I bought the lesco hps spreader this spring. What a life saver. I still have to walk to spray but man the time saved spreading is unreal. I love the hydro drive. I can treat the smallest of areas and the larger ones too. It is great on hills. The only thing is I wish it would come with a different engine than the kawacrappy. I did have problems with the engine but thats not lescos fault. They did repair it for me. I would suggest looking at one of these for the price.

green tec
12-19-2004, 10:33 AM
We switched to zspray. They are more money but the reliability is great and the spray system is awsome.

ForeverGreen
12-19-2004, 11:24 AM
I wanted a Perma Green last year and came really close to getting one, but after seeing some of the comments made here I am really scared. I almost feel I am better off the old fashion way. However, it is so hard to tackle larger properties. I did get to see Lawn Doctors set up and man do they look good. Any one have any suggestions? Take a chance or keep it the old fashion way?
Would seem the trial period offered by PG as I understand it is 30 days. So if you toy with it this winter you will most likely not really know what you have. If you wait until spring and find it is not what you had in mind your stuck with developing a PLAN B for the rest of the season.I believe the Ultra that I bought 14-15 months ago came with a 100hr or 6 months 100% moneyback guarantee.Why do I still have it ?? I am very used to it and know what to expect, plus I think Im getting the "kinks" worked out with 160 hours on it. Im looking for a second machine thus looking at all options. I still think wait until there are 100 plus hours on the new PG Magnum by several users to see what they have. OR you offer PG a 6 month 100 hour trial like they had before and then buy it and run it with confidence that your not stuck with it.LT Rich (Z Spray) has a demo set up this next week in Dublin Oh so I plan on seeing what my first impression is.Anyone know if LT offers a return program?? Ted

Pilgrims' Pride
12-19-2004, 04:25 PM
LT Rich doesn't need a return program!
I picked up the z-max in early fall.
I ran it through every bit of crummy weather and took it to every climb and place.
It runs wonderfully.
I highly recommend spending the extra and getting a z-spray.
It does more work, more quickly and more efficiently than any other machine I have used.

I will say that dealing w/Tom has been a pleasure as well.
He sold a machine to a man in Conn.
Shipped it by what ever carrier and it arrived broken.
TOM LOADED UP A NEW MACHINE AND DELIVERED IT TO THE MAN PERSONALLY THAT SAME WEEK!
In the mean time I had talked w/Tom and he told me that he'd be in Conn. and asked if I'd like to pick up my machine there.
I saved some money in shipping, and enjoyed the foliage on the ride down.

Like I said,every climb and place since then.

ForeverGreen
12-19-2004, 05:29 PM
If LT Rich does not need a return program all the more reason to offer one !!!Just one more thing to set them apart.

green tec
12-19-2004, 09:58 PM
Forever. I think z spray offers a 50 hour buy back deal on their unit. You might call to see.

sprayman73703
12-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Look at the Prolawn sprayer. I bought one a year ago and love it. Check it out at prolawnsprayshields.com. Check it out!

Russ
12-20-2004, 11:19 AM
If your in applications for the long haul, get the Z. The only regret you will have is that you didn't get it last season. Z-Spray is only 2 hrs north of ya. Drive up and run one around the back lot this winter and let us know what ya think.

qps
12-24-2004, 11:34 PM

This is a no brainer.....z-spray if you want to work it....PG if you want to work on it....

smoke johnson
12-25-2004, 10:38 PM
This is a no brainer.....z-spray if you want to work it....PG if you want to work on it....
how true..... haha could not of said better myself