PDA

View Full Version : ever dusty up a car?

fga
12-18-2004, 11:59 PM
any one ever get this? you're using your blower and you get someone coming to you complaining that i'm getting their just washed car across the street alittle dusty?? ;) I'm just finishing up my 6th year, and its never before happened to me... but twice in the last month. not the same guy, miles apart. They actually were mad at me for doing my job.

what would you say to a guy complaining that his car was clean an hour ago....

i simply replied "so was I..." :) and kept blowing.

out4now
12-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Oh yhea. At the school happened everyday. Just nod your head and smile from behind the dust mask as they flap their arms like a chicken and keep going. The best was when they'd walk from behind and then in front of you in the dust cloud. A lady was carrying a bunch of papers one day and did that, hey look it's snowing in Phoenix.

mtdman
12-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Never had that problem, although I do make sure to blow off my customer's cars when blowing. I did have a woman complain during leaf season about blowing leaves on her car, but she parked on the street where I needed to put the leaves, and I asked her not to. Her car was buried in leaves when she came back out and was furious. I just smiled and kept on working. Man was she pissed!

:D

lawnguyland
12-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Never had anyone yell about that, but have had crazy people complain about some grass clippings in street, bobbygedd style leaves blowing onto other properties, etc. I can see both points of view on this one. I try to quickly blow off any cars I obviously blow dust on to avoid the chicken armed bastages. Takes literally 5 seconds. Once I told a chicken man that he should take up the practice of killing himself though.

out4now
12-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Would have been great if the people we encountered would have been satisfied with us just blowing off the dirt, which we would do as we worked up closer to their car. They were warned in advance of where we would be working the following morning and still proceeded to think they could do whatever and we would just work around them.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Yea I love the idiots that park in your way as your working and then get mad you don't quit for the day. Something I use to hate when I worked for my last boss was blowing off gas station parking lots the bastard had 5 gas stations on his list. And he wanted them blown off every month or so well there really is not a good time to do this. One of them use to have 8-20 cars in it at all times so you would have to work very fast and with team work if a pump became vacant you had to hit it as fast as you could to blow through the bay before some jerk would just about run you over and park on your pile. I swear after years of that I will never take on a gas station as a client the places are crazy its just one big zoo. I remember once this snobby lady in a Mercedes comes in practically runs us over then has a nervous break down from the noise the blowers make she snaps and drives away with the hose still in her car and her door still open. Some poor guys wife no thank you he can keep her.

richard coffman
12-19-2004, 02:29 AM
I've had this happen to me plenty of times. it seems to me, it's either dam if you do and dam if you don't senerio. I just smile and try to clean things up the best i can. nothing you can do to please everyone. just take it as a grain of salt.

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner :D :D :D :D

TURF DOCTOR
12-19-2004, 03:38 AM
When they walk up to you, SAY MEEE SPEAKA NO ENGLISH

meathead1134
12-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Just tell the guy that your a little busy at the moment and he will half to call god to ask him to blow the wind in the other direction whenever you show up to this particular house

YardPro
12-19-2004, 08:38 AM
lol
no

, it's no hablo ingles

Shawns Lawns
12-19-2004, 11:20 AM
I have never had anyone freak out with blowings but if i forsee a problem i usually ask them to move there car, and they do it willingly.

Ecobjs
12-19-2004, 11:27 AM
We always just say sorry and offer to blow off the Car. We try to see everyone as a potential client. BUT I might have the guys switch to No Hablo English. At least it gets people to move along so we can get back to work, lol.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Only one person got upset in the last 10 years.... and that was because when the z turned the wind was just right and nailed the side of his white car with grass. I gave him a $20 spot and told him to go to the auto car wash. He was happy after that.

ALarsh
12-19-2004, 12:53 PM
lmao... no hablo ingles

bobbygedd
12-19-2004, 04:36 PM
one time i was cutting this lawn that was being juiced big time by chem lawn. every week it was 14" high, and never seemed to be dry. the neighbors driveway was right up against the side of my customers house. i got his car covered in grass clippings from side discharging. i mean it looked like a sea monster when i was done. finally on the 3rd week of this the neighbor comes running out, all mad, he says, "do you realize you're getting grass all over my car?" i said, "duh, of course i do, i'm not blind." he goes, "well, ok, as long as you know." and he went back in the house.

all ferris
12-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Tell them if their lucky it will rain soon too. :D