PDA

View Full Version : came home to.....

Mowerboy04
12-19-2004, 02:33 PM
i was out of town for the weekend and came home to c that someone desided to park there car in the middle of my lawn. He left about a 1ft deep rut. Now i have to fix it in the spring. this ever happend to any of u guys? and how would i go about fixing this?

out4now
12-19-2004, 02:34 PM
How did they manage to sink 12 inches?

Mowerboy04
12-19-2004, 02:53 PM
i have no idea i wasent home the ground is relly wet but its also frozen looks like they were spinning there tires alot

RedWingsDet
12-19-2004, 03:05 PM
they probably decided to do a lawnjob and ended up getting stuck. Freakin Tards!!!

yrdandgardenhandyman
12-19-2004, 03:17 PM
i was out of town for the weekend and came home to c that someone desided to park there car in the middle of my lawn. He left about a 1ft deep rut. Now i have to fix it in the spring. this ever happend to any of u guys? and how would i go about fixing this?

Find out who it was and fill rut with his body. :p

Frontier-Lawn
12-19-2004, 03:38 PM
put a small 3' high fence on the front of the property. my mom did that to stop that and it worked

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-19-2004, 05:03 PM
If you don't want to drop the cash for a fence use a heavy mower to run over the ruts and pack them a little then fill the rest of the way up with play sand. regular sand has not been cleaned and it may have other forms of grass seed that would sprout.

impactlandscaping
12-19-2004, 05:47 PM
It's like an epidemic here lateley. We have had four calls for the same senario you are describing. One yard is going to need 5 tons of new dirt and re graded from a car accident. The other three were jackholes driving thru people's front yards.The last lawn renovation we did in Nov. was from a car wreck / attempted escape as well....geesh..

Wait until spring and roll the edges down, add new soil, tamp it down and seed it. If it's not too much damage, I wouldn't turn it in to homeowner's insurance.

Shawns Lawns
12-19-2004, 06:17 PM
People always pull over on the edge of my lawn to do whatever (park, cekk talk ect) and now no matter what i do to try to seed in the spring it never takes. :realmad:

muddstopper
12-19-2004, 06:57 PM
Phone company truck used to like to park in my lawn. I called and complained to the home office twice but it didnt seem to work. Third time he parked in my lawn I didnt say anything. I just parked my pickup in front of his truck next to the bumper and then pulled my car up to his back bumper and went back in the house. A few min. later he was knocking on the door wanting me to move so he could get out. I told him to take a hike. A little while later a deputy showed up and told me I had to move my vehicles or he would have them towed. I explained to him that my vehicles where on my property not the state and I had the right to park them where I choose. He made a few calls to the dot and found out the right of way only extended up to the edge of the road and not into my yard. He then told the phone guy that he would be better off discussing with me a way to get his truck back. I told him it was now my truck because I had already told him on two different ocassions that he wasnt allowed to park in my lawn. He had to call his boss and explain to him what was going on. His boss called me wanting to know what it would take to get his truck back. I told him when a crew showed up to fix my lawn that I would then move my vehicles and let him have his truck back. It took a couple of hrs but a crew finally showed up with rakes and shovels and seed and fixed my lawn. Guy never parked in my lawn again. What really pi$$ed me off was that my driveway is 40 ft wide and if he had parked there I wouldnt have said anything, but he chose to pull across my drive and pull into the grass to park. Hard heads make soft a$$es I always say.

out4now
12-19-2004, 07:01 PM
Ground must be really soft. Back fill with whatever the native soil is and roll. In the spring you might need to aerate depending on the soil type. I wouldn't recommend just dumping sand in it unless the soil is naturally sandy becasue you're changing only one part of yard. You want similar drainage charcteristics and uniformity. Now if you decided to amend the entire yard with sand that might be better. How is the drainage? Clay base, sand, loam?

Shuter
12-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Hire a landscaper.

richard coffman
12-19-2004, 09:48 PM
I've had a few customers have this done to them. probably some kids that have no respect for other peope's property. I'f it we're me, and i found the s.u.b. still there, I would have called the police, get the guy for tresspassing, ask for the court that he pay for the damages done, and that he get a shovel,rake and get it finished to my satisfaction, or i was going to sue to have my entire lawn replaced with new sod, and for suffering cause i couldn't mow my lawn for therapy reasons(make something up). :D :D :D ;)

Respectfully,

Richard/Owner

Richard Martin
12-20-2004, 04:54 AM
I have a corner lot. A lot of vehicles used to cut the corner and were tearing the grass up, rutting it and crushing the steel drain pipe. These vehicles included a 10 wheel trash truck. A few years back I drove one of those metal fence posts in that you use for snow drift fencing or chicken wire with a round reflector on top. I have only seen one guy get close to the post and he now has a 3 foot long scratch down the side of his car. Funny thing was he was coming to my house to help me put lowering springs on my 5.0. He never said a word about the scratch.

gramps
12-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Pave the entire yard. Make a great parking lot.