PDA

View Full Version : Potential Cust References & Credit Checks

coastallandscapesolutions
12-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone does anyone does any type of reference or credit check with customers that they are going to service.

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-19-2004, 03:45 PM
If i get 1 bad check from a customer i don't mow again till they cover the check plus the bank fee and my trouble fee then i only accept cash from then on. I don't need to be worried about a customers finances. Running a business is all the finances i need.

jaybird
12-19-2004, 07:49 PM
all our work is county and state. but if i was doing home-owner work i would just take my chances.

Frontier-Lawn
12-19-2004, 08:17 PM
if they bounce a check to me its cash or one month ahead via pay-pal

JustMowIt
12-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone does anyone does any type of reference or credit check with customers that they are going to service.

We charge a credit or debit card after each service & soign up by phone, but for LCO's that do monthly billing & get contracts or some other form of written agreement signed, I would place some small print in the form that authorizes you to review the credit history & not make a big issue of explaining that you are going to untilize the authorization. I have some rent houses & perfect credit keeps life simple.
MJ