PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading To Isuzu Npr's

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey guys i am looking to scale back on my pickups and trailers and go to the isuzu or gmc diesels with the landscaping/lawn bodies or the box truck with ramp gates. I have been looking a them for a couple of years. I like the truck that the superlawn truck guys build. Do any of you use the bigger rigs and give me some pros and cons if there are any.

thanks

specialtylc
12-19-2004, 06:28 PM
I use a NPR crewcab. Diesel with the auto trans. Just finished our 3rd season with it. We have a dump bed on it and pull a 16 ft trailer. Its been a very reliable truck. Have had zero problems with it.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-19-2004, 06:49 PM
We are in the same process. One footnote of the Isuzu's, we elected to go with the NQR rather then the NPR. You can carry more and the cost is not that much different. In fact I have been emailing SuperLawn Trucks about one just yesterday. I am going with a 20' box. There will be a 200 gallon split sprayer in the box up front with irrigation storage above that. The Honda engine, pump and Hanley Hose reel will be mounted on the right side behind the cab and under the box. I am going to use this for the areas that are the farthest away. It will have everything they need and will be our "Estate Management Team". 3 People.

out4now
12-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Most guys here just use them as dump trucks and haul a trailer behind them. Have seen Mitsufuso's as well and a couple UD's. My old Matco salesman told me the GMC fowards/Isuzu NPR's aren't cheap to fix but run a long time without much maintence needed.

LLandscaping
12-19-2004, 07:31 PM
We have been looking at getting a used Isuzu or Mitsubishi box truck. We are going to use this truck for lawn maintenance and planting. We are going with the box for security and the fact that we will not have to load/unload everyday. If you are going to be using the truck for landscaping I would get the NQR because it will allow you to haul more material and tow a trailer at the same time.

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey Adam,
I was wondering if you service the Oneonta and Cleveland area. I do. Thought i might have seen you. Maybe we could talk sometime and help each other out. I have been servicing that area for only 3 years so it is fairly new to me. Wouldn't want to step on your toes trying to get customers.

splatz100
12-19-2004, 10:08 PM
whats the price on the Super Lawn Trucks?

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-19-2004, 10:24 PM
splatz, The one i priced like i wanted was $50,000. I could take off a few extras and get is for about 45 to 48k. Look up superlawntrucks and there program lets you build the truck like you want and then price it.

MSYardman
12-19-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm going to be selling a couple of them soon.

They are not SuperLawnTrucks. Both are Isuzu NPR with enclosed boxes. Manual ramp gates on the back with dovetails.

2003 with 70,000 miles. 18' + 4' dovetail.

2004 with 45,000 miles. 16' + 4' dovetail.

I need to find out what they are worth. I've haven't been successful in finding a "blue book" for the trucks. My local dealer has not been helpful either.

I'll post more when I decide on the asking price.

LLandscaping
12-20-2004, 12:26 AM
B&B Landscaping,
We do some work in the Hayden area, but we mostly work in Birmingham and Trussville. We will probably get some new accounts next year near Greystone. Do you mainly cut large properties and are you mostly residential? Currently we mostly cut residentials and a few commercials. We would like to cut more commercial properties and mid-sized residentials.

lawn king
12-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Hey guys i am looking to scale back on my pickups and trailers and go to the isuzu or gmc diesels with the landscaping/lawn bodies or the box truck with ramp gates. I have been looking a them for a couple of years. I like the truck that the superlawn truck guys build. Do any of you use the bigger rigs and give me some pros and cons if there are any.

thanks
They are great trucks! We built an npr hd dump in 2003! Best truck we ever owned! Go diesel or don't go at all!

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-20-2004, 09:28 PM
LLANDSCAPING,
B'ham is a bit far for me since i cover all the way back up to Guntersville, Albertville, and Boaz. I have a good mix on properties about 60% residential and 40% commercial. I also have a full range of sizes from 1/4 acre and some smaller all the way up to 10 acres.