PDA

View Full Version : 86 More days.......

Carolina Cutter
12-19-2004, 10:18 PM
86 more days till my season starts. Hurry...hurry...hurry.........I am so bored.

Find myself spending a lot of time on the internet looking for ways to improve the business and offer more services.

What are you guys doing??

PTP
12-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Boredom? What is that? I need more time!

What am I doing?
Incorporating
Insurance
New computer
New website
New equipment
Hiring employees
Talking to accountant
Business Plan
New phone line
Advertising
Get set up for credit cards
Buying and learning software

Nope, no bordom here.

Oh yeah, I am also doing the opposite of what you are doing. I am trying to find ways to limit my services and increase profits.

Kelly's Landscaping
12-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Before I think on that I kind of want my season to end first Dec 19th still going.

N.H.BOY
12-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Before I think on that I kind of want my season to end first Dec 19th still going.

What kind of service are you still doing man??? payup payup

1MajorTom
12-19-2004, 10:38 PM
I looked at your profile merlin, and I thought for sure I would see "first year in business"... Oh well, there goes that theory. We too finished up our 6th year in business like yourself, but we are not bored. It seems as the years go on, we enjoy the time off in the winter more and more. I remember though after finishing our first year, we were so ready for the start of season 2. I think the longer one is in business, the harder it is to stay motivated. At least in our case this holds true.

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc
12-19-2004, 10:47 PM

Like Kelly's said we are still working here to. Fertilizing and winterizing. Weed spraying, tree service, still mowing some yards and even holiday lighting but we are just now getting our first blast of cold air here in bama. :waving:

Kelly's Landscaping
12-19-2004, 11:17 PM
What am I still doing clean ups I have just 6 more to go and I am done thank god.

LLandscaping
12-19-2004, 11:35 PM
We are still working: cleaning up leaves, pruning, cutting some grass, and doing extras for customers. It has just really started to get cold here also. I am kinda looking forward to some time off to work on equipment and have some free time. I will also be splitting a good bit of firewood for my house only.

captaingreen
12-20-2004, 12:36 AM
I'm ready for my season to start as well. In the meantime I'm working on some advertising plans, small shop projects, getting ready for taxes, and hoping for some snow so I'm bringing in a little winter revenue.

HOOLIE
12-20-2004, 01:37 AM
I am working on a cure for cancer right now. When I get that wrapped up, I'm gonna figure out how to keep this baseball team in DC. Anything to bide the time...

impactlandscaping
12-20-2004, 03:21 AM
I have a wall to finish up this Tuesday that has already been laid in, just have to finish the top row and caps and clean up the site. .. but I have been doing lots of sleeping , movie watching and relaxing. I plan on doing more of the same until March :D I sold our snow division in April this year, so I'll be in where it's warm all winter.. :p

grass_cuttin_fool
12-20-2004, 08:56 AM
+I have my equipment to service and get ready for 2005. Im also adding some new racks and tool boxes to my old trailer, I want a new trailer but im going to wait and see what 2005 holds 1st

SpudsM15
12-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Have 4 more leaf clean ups to do...Now everything will be frozen to the ground! Also have 1 powerwashing job pending... dont think thats gonna get done anytime soon.
Setting up snowclearing gigs...
I wasn't this busy in the middle of summer payup

prizeprop
12-20-2004, 09:51 AM
I can't wait for winter to arrive every year. It's my time to live a kings life and just relax. No one to worry about unless it snows and no idiot customers to deal with. Did some salting of my commercial lots this morning and the bills are in the envelopes ready for the mailman. I think I'll wrap some Chistmas presents and then take a nap!

coastallandscapesolutions
12-20-2004, 09:52 AM
86 more days till my season starts. Hurry...hurry...hurry.........I am so bored.

Find myself spending a lot of time on the internet looking for ways to improve the business and offer more services.

What are you guys doing??

It's 21 degrees here (you all can keep this cold weather up in the North) and I just sent two crews out to MOW grass. I can't believe that we still have Centipede and St Augustine grass that is growing and that is not counting the rye grass. I have 6 people taking care of a mountain of pine straw. Boredom... what's that?