PDA

View Full Version : Not a PITA...

HOOLIE
12-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Finished up my last job of the season Saturday, trimming a long hedge for a lady down the street from a regular customer. Been putting her off, every sign was there that said she was a PITA. I was shocked, she loved the hedges, she kept staring at them, even threw in an extra $20. Hope this doesn't mean my PITA radar has gone on the fritz. Anyway, I'll have that job a couple times a year for a while.

impactlandscaping
12-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Feels good to end the season on a good note, huh? I had a similar feeling this year...a guy kept calling about an install and when I returned his calls, he never called back..I figured PITA, and blew him off another month. Fianlly, I prepared a bid for him for a residential install, around 4K...he calls about two weeks ago, and says he wants to wait until spring, but wants me to come back out and look at some the property again. Hesitantly I went out, figuring he wanted to shave down the price or split the install. Hell, he added another 4K to the original bid, because he and his wife liked the design so well, and wanted to do it all in the spring. I left with a signed contract and deposit check..Go figure.. :D

HOOLIE
12-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Yeah, makes you wonder about all the people you've blown off over the years... I guess some customers are more cautious than others. This particular customer, she wanted the hedge trimmed down around 6.5 feet, I had visions of her out with a tape measure, calling me "It's 6 feet 8 inches". But it all worked out. Glad to see you got some more money out of your customer.