PDA

View Full Version : Its snowing in Virginia Beach

Jusmowin
12-20-2004, 07:44 AM
So I guess Im not mowing today! Yea, I know you northern guys are saying "BIG DEAL" but for us down here its pretty cool as it really doesnt snow that much in our area . We only have a inch to a inch and a half on the ground now but the snow has already closed all the schools in our area as we dont have that much snow removal equipment to handle all the neighborhoods we have around here. Anyways, looks like there might be enough on the ground for a small snowman or maybe a good snowball fight Ill let yall know later.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Keep It Up There!!!! We Don"t Want It.....

Carolina Cutter
12-20-2004, 10:57 AM
So I guess Im not mowing today! Yea, I know you northern guys are saying "BIG DEAL" but for us down here its pretty cool as it really doesnt snow that much in our area . We only have a inch to a inch and a half on the ground now but the snow has already closed all the schools in our area as we dont have that much snow removal equipment to handle all the neighborhoods we have around here. Anyways, looks like there might be enough on the ground for a small snowman or maybe a good snowball fight Ill let yall know later.

WHAT ARE YOU MOWING this time of year anyway. I am from NC and the grass has been brown for about a month. Other than a little bit of overseeded yards there is nothing to mow. Leaf cleanup maybe......but not much mowing. Most homeowners here do not overseed in this area....they don't want to have to mow their yards during winter..........

Mo Green
12-20-2004, 11:44 AM
I know what you mean. I from VB. Spent the first 30 years of my life in that area. Snow is indeed a rarity. I live in Richmond now, and we get snow much more often than the VB area. Sometimes that cool, but sometimes it can be a real pain in the a##.

Harleyboy52
12-20-2004, 12:42 PM
We had about an inch and a half also in southeastern N C last night. Very rare around here. I remember in '74 we had about 20" and it shut the town down for 4 days. I was at the fire dept last night and we had about 5 wrecks between 5AM and 7AM this morning. Nobody knows how to drive in it.

wojo23323
12-20-2004, 01:19 PM
With the warm fall, we have been mowing most accounts every 2 weeks. It has been a busy fall with leaf cleanups on top of regular mowing. We were going to do the last of our ferts today, but that will wait till tomorrow or wed when it's in the 50's and 60's. Nice day off.