PDA

View Full Version : Toro tripple bagger

jkkalbers
12-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Hello all,
I did a search and couldn't find the info I wanted. I'm interested in how well the toro or exmark (similar product) tripple bag system works in thick leaves. does it clog easily? Can the blower be taken off easilt if you want to discharge? Any detailed reviews would be helpful. I've never used a system with a fan that runs off the deck. I've only used trac-vac type sytems where there is a seperate engine. Thanks for your help.
Jason

slicklawns
12-20-2004, 12:47 PM
I looked at one at a dealer near me and was surprised to see how bulky and cumbersom it seemed. I like the hose to bag set up but the blower which is spindle powered ( steals your HP ) is made by Giant Vac and seemed large and awkward. Thinking it was just me the dealer tried to take it off and was embarrased to have the same problems with it. I currently have a 5HP pony motor on catching system and just can't see how a spindle driven blower would be effective in Spring growth. Anyway just my two cents. Good luck in your search.

jkkalbers
12-20-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm not too concerned about horse power I would only be using it for spring and fall clean-ups. I don't bag the rest of the year. My main issue is weather or not it picks up well or if it clogs frequently.
Thanks

HazellLawnCare
12-20-2004, 02:46 PM
I have 2 of the new Toro's with the 3 bag baggers. They won't clog! The only gripe I have is not being able to know when they are full. The 3 bag bagger setup works awesome. Mine are 27 horse liquid cooled with 60" decks.

jkkalbers
12-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks, I wanted to hear from someone with real world experience. Do you remember how much it cost you?

Harleyboy52
12-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey Hazell, What are those boxes on top of your front spindles? I have an Exmark and have never seen anything like that.

Frosty_03
12-20-2004, 07:19 PM
I believe those are weight for counter balance if I am not mistaken, corect me if I am wrong :cool2:

littlenic
12-20-2004, 11:58 PM
My ultra-vac works great, doesn't clog hardly every, if at all with really wet thick tall grass. You can tell when it's full when the leaves start to blow out the front or you can hear the engine under an extra load. I put a handle on the top of the tube for easier handling off and on. The dealer upgraded the latches to over come leaking where the tube meets the Ultra-vac. Takes about 15-30 sec to put the ultra-vac on or off, catching the ultra-vac from the top intakes is the easiest way I've found to carry and move it. about $2,000

hope this helps, littlenic :waving:

HazellLawnCare
12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
The things on the spindles are weights, when this setup is full that is A LOT of weight hanging off the back of this machine. I think I paid around $10,500 a piece for the liquid cooled mower and the bagger installed. I also bought 2 of these machines, 2 walk behinds, and 4 21" mowers all at the same time.

ztoro
12-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey Hazell, What are those boxes on top of your front spindles? I have an Exmark and have never seen anything like that.

I believe exmarks come equipped with the same setup(weights) on their baggers....

jkkalbers
12-21-2004, 11:42 AM
great, thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated, :waving: