PDA

View Full Version : deck lift assist

mdb landscaping
01-25-2001, 04:19 PM
in a month or so i will be getting a lazer Z 60 inch with the 25 hp kohler. i know the deck lift assist pedal is standard on the EPS models and only an option on the Z. does anyone know how much that option is and do you think its worth the expense?

jaybee
01-25-2001, 04:32 PM
That option is around $50. What the dealer charges to install I don't know. My present Lazer does not have it but my new one(March) will have it. I found there were times when I wanted to just momentarily lift the deck over things(Tree roots etc.)and you would have to take your hands of the steering controls to do so. This way I think you can maintain control while lifting the deck. I'm gonna try it.

Evan528
01-25-2001, 05:02 PM
I bought one this fall for my z master! i paid 60 bucks for it and 2 bolts install it! I think its very worth the 50 dollars... i use it to go over high spots on lawns and to go over curbs. Much easier than leaning over and puling up the deck with the lever.

Ssouth
01-25-2001, 06:37 PM
Get one and you'll love it. As mentioned before it's great when going over tree roots, curbs, or anything that sticks up in the yard. It's also easier on the back.

Runner
01-25-2001, 09:53 PM
Once you have one, you'll be kicking yourself in the rear for not getting one sooner. I'll never own a ZTR without one. You'll be saying the same thing.

pace lawn care
01-26-2001, 12:00 AM
Trust me get one. My mower doesn't have 1 so I made my own, well worth it to me and it will be well worth it to you.