PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Exmark vs. Walker???

bluemoon
12-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Looks like Exmark has the cloning process down to a science. Just wonder how much it will cost???
http://www.exmark.com/pdfs/NavigatorBrochure(1).pdf
I am a Walker fan but the red looks good.

grassaholic
12-20-2004, 07:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The only problem is that the Exmark is a collection only unit. There are no side discharge deck options at the moment. I side discharge with my Walker in the spring and summer. In the fall I put the collection deck on for leaf cleanup. The Exmark looks good but is useless to me without a side discharge deck.

edward hedrick
12-20-2004, 09:54 PM
Received latest PRO mag Scag stopped the couger. Bob-Cat

still has a clone. Ed

green acres lawns
12-20-2004, 10:48 PM
The walker is a refined and proven product. The exmark could have some first year bugs to work out. I am going to get a close look at one when they are available and do a demo. My walker is a 1996 and I have been thinking of trading up to a newer walker. I demoed a couger but passed when I heard they stopped production. Didn't care for the toro 355. A little faster and a little more heavy duty walker would be just right for my needs. For now I am putting a clamshell catcher on my tiger cub to see how it does beside the walker next spring on thick wet grass.

Lawnchoice
12-20-2004, 11:35 PM
The walker is a refined and proven product. The exmark could have some first year bugs to work out. I am going to get a close look at one when they are available and do a demo. My walker is a 1996 and I have been thinking of trading up to a newer walker. I demoed a couger but passed when I heard they stopped production. Didn't care for the toro 355. A little faster and a little more heavy duty walker would be just right for my needs. For now I am putting a clamshell catcher on my tiger cub to see how it does beside the walker next spring on thick wet grass.

You will be shocked on how good the Cub cuts/bags up against the Walker.

cush
12-31-2004, 03:37 AM
I would get the walker because of the avaliable aftermarket parts and proven design

Luscious Lawns
12-31-2004, 08:59 AM
I believe Exmart had a product simular to this, that was droped about 10 years ago. This unit was refered to as Explorer. I wonder why the change of heart to re-introduce a front mount. I think BIG X wants a piece of Walkers pie.

coastallandscapesolutions
12-31-2004, 09:24 AM
I was told last month "unofficially" that the walker deck would fit on the Exmark by changing a couple of washers and pins on the deck. Therefore all the attachments for the walker will fit the Exmark.

The big change is suppose to be in the tractor design. Air intake, engine position, gas tank location and fill neck, things like that. It is hard to improve on perfection but the Walker does have a couple of idiosyncrasies. All I can say is that I am looking forward to seeing it.

reddog
12-31-2004, 10:41 AM
Exmark, Exmark, Exmark all day long